Field and Flower nominated for award
- Credit: Archant
A CLEVEDON business has been nominated for the Best Independent Retailer title at the Observer Food Monthly Awards.
James Mansfield and James Flower are hoping to pick up the prestigious award for their Field and Flower meat box business, which they launched online in April 2011.
James and James rear and butcher their own cattle on Home Farm in Clevedon, where the Flower family has been farming for five generations.
They also ethically source the best free-range pork, lamb and chicken from neighbouring farms and deliver the meat to homes across the country.
Co- founder, James Mansfield said: “This is one of the most prestigious food awards out there- the finest brands are named by the Observer and for us to be recognised amongst them is great.
“As a small business, it’s hard for us to get our brand recognised, and this is the perfect opportunity for us to be acknowledged for the quality of our produce and the hard work we do.”
To help the local business win, you can vote for them at www.easyanswer.net/observer/
- 1 Man jailed over theft and fraud at Worle butchers
- 2 VIDEO: Coastguard airlifts two people from Clevedon waters
- 3 Glastonbury Festival 2022: Our review of the Worthy return...
- 4 Census 2022: North Somerset's population grows by 7pc since 2011
- 5 Portishead Tennis Club to host open day on new courts
- 6 Nailsea CC return to winning ways with big win at Frampton Cotterell seconds
- 7 Funding and inflation behind concerns over Portishead rail project
- 8 Barrow Gurney lose unbeaten record after batting collapse
- 9 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 10 Cleeve and Portishead combine to produce exciting tie
Voting closes on Friday ahead of the judging in July.