Field and Flower nominated for award
- Credit: Archant
A CLEVEDON business has been nominated for the Best Independent Retailer title at the Observer Food Monthly Awards.
James Mansfield and James Flower are hoping to pick up the prestigious award for their Field and Flower meat box business, which they launched online in April 2011.
James and James rear and butcher their own cattle on Home Farm in Clevedon, where the Flower family has been farming for five generations.
They also ethically source the best free-range pork, lamb and chicken from neighbouring farms and deliver the meat to homes across the country.
Co- founder, James Mansfield said: “This is one of the most prestigious food awards out there- the finest brands are named by the Observer and for us to be recognised amongst them is great.
You may also want to watch:
“As a small business, it’s hard for us to get our brand recognised, and this is the perfect opportunity for us to be acknowledged for the quality of our produce and the hard work we do.”
To help the local business win, you can vote for them at www.easyanswer.net/observer/
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 7 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 8 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 9 Parents praise nurseries and childminders for support during pandemic
- 10 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
Voting closes on Friday ahead of the judging in July.