Field and Flower nominated for award
- Credit: Archant
A CLEVEDON business has been nominated for the Best Independent Retailer title at the Observer Food Monthly Awards.
James Mansfield and James Flower are hoping to pick up the prestigious award for their Field and Flower meat box business, which they launched online in April 2011.
James and James rear and butcher their own cattle on Home Farm in Clevedon, where the Flower family has been farming for five generations.
They also ethically source the best free-range pork, lamb and chicken from neighbouring farms and deliver the meat to homes across the country.
Co- founder, James Mansfield said: “This is one of the most prestigious food awards out there- the finest brands are named by the Observer and for us to be recognised amongst them is great.
“As a small business, it’s hard for us to get our brand recognised, and this is the perfect opportunity for us to be acknowledged for the quality of our produce and the hard work we do.”
To help the local business win, you can vote for them at www.easyanswer.net/observer/
- 1 Yatton RFC make history with first ever under-nine game
- 2 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 3 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 4 Portishead teachers may strike due to long working hours
- 5 Tributes paid to much-loved former councillor Derrick Lovering
- 6 Glastonbury 2022: Who is confirmed and how do I get tickets?
- 7 New free BMX track proposed for Portishead
- 8 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 9 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 10 Work on new Cheddar pump track set to begin
Voting closes on Friday ahead of the judging in July.