Field and Flower nominated for award
- Credit: Archant
A CLEVEDON business has been nominated for the Best Independent Retailer title at the Observer Food Monthly Awards.
James Mansfield and James Flower are hoping to pick up the prestigious award for their Field and Flower meat box business, which they launched online in April 2011.
James and James rear and butcher their own cattle on Home Farm in Clevedon, where the Flower family has been farming for five generations.
They also ethically source the best free-range pork, lamb and chicken from neighbouring farms and deliver the meat to homes across the country.
Co- founder, James Mansfield said: “This is one of the most prestigious food awards out there- the finest brands are named by the Observer and for us to be recognised amongst them is great.
You may also want to watch:
“As a small business, it’s hard for us to get our brand recognised, and this is the perfect opportunity for us to be acknowledged for the quality of our produce and the hard work we do.”
To help the local business win, you can vote for them at www.easyanswer.net/observer/
- 1 Primary school shuts after staff members test positive for coronavirus
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Portishead Town set up Community Christmas Cheer to help local town
- 4 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 5 Seek appointment with GP for persistent stomach troubles, urges NHS and Public Health England campaign
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 8 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 9 Bristol Airport welcomes new testing strategy for arrivals
- 10 Impressive, four-floor detached house with sea views
Voting closes on Friday ahead of the judging in July.