Field and Flower nominated for award
- Credit: Archant
A CLEVEDON business has been nominated for the Best Independent Retailer title at the Observer Food Monthly Awards.
James Mansfield and James Flower are hoping to pick up the prestigious award for their Field and Flower meat box business, which they launched online in April 2011.
James and James rear and butcher their own cattle on Home Farm in Clevedon, where the Flower family has been farming for five generations.
They also ethically source the best free-range pork, lamb and chicken from neighbouring farms and deliver the meat to homes across the country.
Co- founder, James Mansfield said: “This is one of the most prestigious food awards out there- the finest brands are named by the Observer and for us to be recognised amongst them is great.
You may also want to watch:
“As a small business, it’s hard for us to get our brand recognised, and this is the perfect opportunity for us to be acknowledged for the quality of our produce and the hard work we do.”
To help the local business win, you can vote for them at www.easyanswer.net/observer/
- 1 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 2 Wildlife expert joins Portishead Arts Festival line-up
- 3 Charity gains national recognition at awards
- 4 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 5 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 6 Care home enjoys visit from donkey
- 7 The Subways to perform at Bristol O2 Academy
- 8 Highland calf born for first time in five years at zoo
- 9 Earthfare celebrates launch in Portishead
- 10 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
Voting closes on Friday ahead of the judging in July.