Family’s new B & B venture
A FARMERS’ wife has launched a new bed and breakfast venture in Clapton-in-Gordano.
Mum-of-two, Sally Letts of Sperrings Farm, spent 2010 supervising the careful renovation of two listed barns at the family farm in Clapton Lane and has now opened the doors to the public hoping to attract visitors to the Gordano Valley.
Sally said: “The Letts family have worked and lived at Sperrings farm for over 40 years farming mainly dairy cows but a downturn in agriculture in recent years has led farmers across the UK to diversify.”
While husband Ben takes care of the farm, Sally bakes and sells cakes from her farmhouse kitchen.
Even their two teenage children Ben and Rebecca run a small business, rearing and taking care of hens and selling them directly from the farm.
You may also want to watch:
Now, to add to their list of services, Sally is managing the Haybarn and the Stable, two self-contained luxury bed and breakfast suites in the heart of the countryside.
For more information call Sally on 01275 844633.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 4 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 8 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 9 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week