Clevedon performing arts school officially opens new studios
- Credit: Archant
An arts school has celebrated its fifth birthday by officially opening its new facilities.
Tillie's School Of Performing Arts (TSPA), in Clevedon, has welcomed hundreds of pupils through its doors in recent years.
And this year has seen it expand, meaning it can offer more classes than ever before.
Owner Tillie Bolton said the expansion is a 'dream come true'.
She said: "Seeing the children's faces as they explored the studios for the first time was a moment I will remember forever.
You may also want to watch:
"They were as proud to be a part of Team TSPA as I was."
The studios were opened earlier in the year, but a party to celebrate TSPA's achievements was held on Saturday.
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 3 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 4 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 5 Impressive, four-floor detached house with sea views
- 6 Bristol Airport welcomes new testing strategy for arrivals
- 7 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 8 Primary school shuts after staff members test positive for coronavirus
- 9 Portishead Town set up Community Christmas Cheer to help local town
- 10 Seek appointment with GP for persistent stomach troubles, urges NHS and Public Health England campaign
Tillie said: "TSPA has been going for five years and in January we opened the doors to our purpose-built studios in Clevedon.
"We have three studios, with dance flooring and floor to ceiling mirrors plus two dressing rooms and much needed storage for our huge costume and props collection.
"Opening the studios has meant we have been able to expand the range of classes we offer to include dance and singing as well as drama and musical theatre for all our students.
"We have classes running simultaneously in the different studios and there is a real buzz about the place.
"It's a complete dream come true for me to open the studios and I hope the dedicated space helps to inspire a passion for the performing arts in all who come here."
Songs and dances from shows TSPA has put on over the years were performed at the weekend to mark the occasion.