Expert advice for jobseekers
JOBSEEKERS and those looking to change their career can pick up some expert advice at a new club in Pill.
Set up by a long-term village resident, Carolyn Williams, the group will allow job seekers to get advice and support to help them find work.
The job club meets at the resource centre in Baltic Place every Wednesday from 10am to noon and held its first meeting last week.
Those attending will have the chance to meet others looking for work and share their job hunting experiences.
Expert advice on CV writing and interview techniques will be given as well as information on local job opportunities. Staff and representatives of local businesses will also be invited to speak to members.
You may also want to watch:
Carolyn, who has lived in Pill for 12 years, has written a number of career guidance books under the pseudonym of Lynn Williams, including Ready Made CVs, The Ultimate Interview Book and The Ultimate Job Search Book.
The Myrtle Hill resident, who used to also run a job club for the Department of Employment, said: “Experience shows that being part of a job club not only makes job hunting a less stressful experience, it also makes it a successful one, which is why I wanted to set one up in this area.
- 1 Where in North Somerset can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 2 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 3 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 4 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 5 Town council appeals for grit bin monitors in Portishead
- 6 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 7 Businesses urged to claim coronavirus grants
- 8 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 9 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 10 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
“This is open to anyone. As well as those out of work, it can be for people wanting to change careers or maybe mums going back into work.”
Carolyn is on the lookout for volunteers to help run the group and also for anyone who may be willing to offer advice to its members.
For more details about the club or for anyone wanting to get involved, please email email@example.com Alternatively, just pop into the resource centre.