Footballers get clean new kit thanks to dentists
A dentistry firm has sponsored a Portishead football team so they can play in a new kit.
Evolve Dentistry’s grant means Portishead Town Juniors under-10s will play in a new dark strip next season. The firm said it was ‘delighted to see the excitement the kit brought to the young players’.
Carol Somerville Roberts, clinical director of Evolve Dentistry, said the firm likes to give something back to the community.
She said: “We are really pleased to be able to support a local sports team in our community.
“It’s important young players get the opportunity to participate in sport and experience the sense of pride being part of team provides.
You may also want to watch:
“The whole Evolve team wish the under-10s lots of luck for the new season, we’ll be supporting them all the way.”
Coach Matthew Bennett said: “The young players are thrilled with their new kits, they feel like a team now, which really helps their sense of pride when playing.”
- 1 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 2 Bristol Balloon Fiesta: Organisers planning 2021 event
- 3 Man with long Covid urges others to take virus seriously
- 4 May 17: Which pubs are reopening in North Somerset?
- 5 May 17: Bristol Airport 'disappointed' with green list
- 6 Lions fund noticeboard for Backwell viewpoint
- 7 Clevedon AC members enjoy Glastonbury 10k outing
- 8 Call for community to support 'vital' children's hospice
- 9 Mixed fortunes for Clevedon LTC teams on league return
- 10 LOCAL BY-ELECTION: Portishead East district and town councillors elected