Footballers get clean new kit thanks to dentists
A dentistry firm has sponsored a Portishead football team so they can play in a new kit.
Evolve Dentistry’s grant means Portishead Town Juniors under-10s will play in a new dark strip next season. The firm said it was ‘delighted to see the excitement the kit brought to the young players’.
Carol Somerville Roberts, clinical director of Evolve Dentistry, said the firm likes to give something back to the community.
She said: “We are really pleased to be able to support a local sports team in our community.
“It’s important young players get the opportunity to participate in sport and experience the sense of pride being part of team provides.
You may also want to watch:
“The whole Evolve team wish the under-10s lots of luck for the new season, we’ll be supporting them all the way.”
Coach Matthew Bennett said: “The young players are thrilled with their new kits, they feel like a team now, which really helps their sense of pride when playing.”
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 3 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 4 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 5 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 6 Impressive, four-floor detached house with sea views
- 7 Primary school shuts after staff members test positive for coronavirus
- 8 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 9 Seek appointment with GP for persistent stomach troubles, urges NHS and Public Health England campaign
- 10 Bristol Airport welcomes new testing strategy for arrivals