Footballers get clean new kit thanks to dentists
A dentistry firm has sponsored a Portishead football team so they can play in a new kit.
Evolve Dentistry’s grant means Portishead Town Juniors under-10s will play in a new dark strip next season. The firm said it was ‘delighted to see the excitement the kit brought to the young players’.
Carol Somerville Roberts, clinical director of Evolve Dentistry, said the firm likes to give something back to the community.
She said: “We are really pleased to be able to support a local sports team in our community.
“It’s important young players get the opportunity to participate in sport and experience the sense of pride being part of team provides.
You may also want to watch:
“The whole Evolve team wish the under-10s lots of luck for the new season, we’ll be supporting them all the way.”
Coach Matthew Bennett said: “The young players are thrilled with their new kits, they feel like a team now, which really helps their sense of pride when playing.”
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 6 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 7 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 8 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 9 PICTURES: Hot air balloons take flight over Bristol at Fiesta Fortnight launch
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week