Estate agents take ownership of Post Office in Portishead
- Credit: suB
You might expect an estate agents to advertise a Post Office for sale, but you do not normally hear of them buying one.
However, that is exactly what has happened in Portishead, where Goodman & Lilley has purchased the Post Office in Port Marine’s Phoenix Way.
The site will remain a Post Office however, despite rumours within the town to the contrary.
Nikita Bennett-Clements, Goodman’s marketing manager, said people do not need to worry about potentially losing their local Post Office.
She told the Times: “Working in partnership with the Royal Mail, the shop’s main focus is to remain as a fully operational, trading Post Office within the heart of the Port Marine, and was purchased to show our commitment to the community.
You may also want to watch:
“Exciting times lay ahead with our focus closely set on our current and future customer needs.
“We’re delighted to be able to set out our strategy right from the start with a strong public purpose.
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 4 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 5 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 6 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 7 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 8 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 9 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 10 Restricting more flights from airport would have 'profound implications for society', says lawyer
“If you’re passing please pop in and say hello to Vicky and Jo, who remain at the helm and who are both already familiar faces to local residents.”