Estate agents take ownership of Post Office in Portishead
- Credit: suB
You might expect an estate agents to advertise a Post Office for sale, but you do not normally hear of them buying one.
However, that is exactly what has happened in Portishead, where Goodman & Lilley has purchased the Post Office in Port Marine’s Phoenix Way.
The site will remain a Post Office however, despite rumours within the town to the contrary.
Nikita Bennett-Clements, Goodman’s marketing manager, said people do not need to worry about potentially losing their local Post Office.
She told the Times: “Working in partnership with the Royal Mail, the shop’s main focus is to remain as a fully operational, trading Post Office within the heart of the Port Marine, and was purchased to show our commitment to the community.
“Exciting times lay ahead with our focus closely set on our current and future customer needs.
“We’re delighted to be able to set out our strategy right from the start with a strong public purpose.
- 1 North Somerset flytipper pays £1,600 after dumping bathtub
- 2 Superb, high-spec house in a Nailsea hotspot
- 3 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 Clevedon Choral back after 18 month hiatus caused by pandemic
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Construction finally begins for special educational needs school
- 8 Clevedon Library to close for THREE MONTHS for major refurb
- 9 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 10 Two more leave Portishead Town Council over 'in-person' controversy
“If you’re passing please pop in and say hello to Vicky and Jo, who remain at the helm and who are both already familiar faces to local residents.”