Estate agents take ownership of Post Office in Portishead
- Credit: suB
You might expect an estate agents to advertise a Post Office for sale, but you do not normally hear of them buying one.
However, that is exactly what has happened in Portishead, where Goodman & Lilley has purchased the Post Office in Port Marine’s Phoenix Way.
The site will remain a Post Office however, despite rumours within the town to the contrary.
Nikita Bennett-Clements, Goodman’s marketing manager, said people do not need to worry about potentially losing their local Post Office.
She told the Times: “Working in partnership with the Royal Mail, the shop’s main focus is to remain as a fully operational, trading Post Office within the heart of the Port Marine, and was purchased to show our commitment to the community.
You may also want to watch:
“Exciting times lay ahead with our focus closely set on our current and future customer needs.
“We’re delighted to be able to set out our strategy right from the start with a strong public purpose.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 6 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 7 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 8 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 9 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 10 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
“If you’re passing please pop in and say hello to Vicky and Jo, who remain at the helm and who are both already familiar faces to local residents.”