Entrepreneur award for Rob
- Credit: Archant
The managing director of a telecom specialists in Clevedon has been named entrepreneur of the year.
Rob Vivian, from Pure Comms in Tickenham Road, was given the title at The South West 42 under 42 Awards.
The ceremony was held in Bristol and recognises the region’s most innovative young entrepreneurs who are driving business across the area.
Rob was crowned entrepreneur of the year, with judges citing Pure Comms’ significant growth and unique approach to doing business.
Rob set up Pure Comms in 2009 following jobs in other telecom businesses. He identified a gap in the market for a telecoms provider which built bespoke packages around the client and their needs.
He said: “In an industry which was constantly slashing prices, and therefore quality, I wanted to set up a business which was different – one offering real value, rather than a one-size fits all package.
“It was a risk but I’m glad to say it’s still paying off. Pure Comms has achieved massive year on year growth – bringing on board major new clients, employing more staff and opening additional offices. And I’m delighted this has been recognised at the 42 under 42 awards.”
- 1 House of Commons gives Liam Fox reason for Portishead Rail delay
- 2 Clevedon B&M redevelopment approved, despite hundreds of objections
- 3 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 4 Extension to cycling route could be approved next year
- 5 Friends opt for career change with new Backwell distillery
- 6 New Mercury and Times editor appointed
- 7 Fatal collision in Clevedon leaves man in his 70s dead
- 8 Remembrance service for crew who died in air crash
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
The firm has become one of the leading telecom providers in the region and employs 14 staff across two offices.
Pure Comms works with a number of high profile clients including Bristol Airport, BWOC, auctioneers Bonhams, Opus, Computerworld and Redrock Consulting.
Rob added: “Going forward we plan to open new offices, employ more staff, and keep delivering the very best telecoms and digital solutions for businesses throughout Bristol and the South West.”
The business awards were organised by Insider Media Limited.