Entrepreneur award for Rob
- Credit: Archant
The managing director of a telecom specialists in Clevedon has been named entrepreneur of the year.
Rob Vivian, from Pure Comms in Tickenham Road, was given the title at The South West 42 under 42 Awards.
The ceremony was held in Bristol and recognises the region’s most innovative young entrepreneurs who are driving business across the area.
Rob was crowned entrepreneur of the year, with judges citing Pure Comms’ significant growth and unique approach to doing business.
Rob set up Pure Comms in 2009 following jobs in other telecom businesses. He identified a gap in the market for a telecoms provider which built bespoke packages around the client and their needs.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “In an industry which was constantly slashing prices, and therefore quality, I wanted to set up a business which was different – one offering real value, rather than a one-size fits all package.
“It was a risk but I’m glad to say it’s still paying off. Pure Comms has achieved massive year on year growth – bringing on board major new clients, employing more staff and opening additional offices. And I’m delighted this has been recognised at the 42 under 42 awards.”
- 1 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 2 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 3 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 4 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 5 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 6 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 7 School girls creates Christmas cards for charity
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
The firm has become one of the leading telecom providers in the region and employs 14 staff across two offices.
Pure Comms works with a number of high profile clients including Bristol Airport, BWOC, auctioneers Bonhams, Opus, Computerworld and Redrock Consulting.
Rob added: “Going forward we plan to open new offices, employ more staff, and keep delivering the very best telecoms and digital solutions for businesses throughout Bristol and the South West.”
The business awards were organised by Insider Media Limited.