Engineering company creates mini Clevedon Pier model
- Credit: Supplied
A detailed model of Clevedon Pier has been created for the venue’s visitor centre.
Apprentices at engineering company SKF UK’s Clevedon branch, based in Strode Road, designed a miniature collapsible version of the Grade I-listed pier which can be viewed in the interactive exhibition in the pier’s toll house.
An SKF spokesman said: “When we were approached by the Trust to create a model of the pier that was to be displayed in the new visitor centre, we jumped at the chance.
“It is a fantastic opportunity to showcase the engineering skills our apprentices have gained during their studies.”
Clevedon Pier and Heritage Trust business manager, Nicole Laken, added: “We are delighted with the finished result and truly grateful to SKF for its support.
You may also want to watch:
“The collapsing pier model has been a very popular addition to Discover @ The Pier.”
- 1 Where in North Somerset can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 2 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 3 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 4 Town council appeals for grit bin monitors in Portishead
- 5 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 6 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 7 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 8 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 9 COVID-19 vaccines hold the key to the road back towards normality
- 10 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features