End of an era as owners agree to sell hair salon
- Credit: Archant
A hair salon in Clevedon will have new owners for the first time in almost 30 years from the start of next month.
Jenny and Bob Hancock will hand over the keys to the Robert John salon on May 1 to former manager Sarah Ridge.
She will change the name of the Kenn Road salon too.
Sarah, pictured above with Jenny and Bob, grew up in Clevedon and now lives in Portishead with her husband and business partner Chris and their two children George and Katie.
She managed the salon 14 years ago and has remained in touch ever since with Jenny and Bob.
You may also want to watch:
However the sale came about through chance rather than any grand long-term plan.
Sarah and Chris attended Robert John’s fundraiser for Children’s Hospice South West in September and it was one casual remark at that event which has led to them taking on the salon.
- 1 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 5 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 6 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 7 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 8 Camera club wants new members to join
- 9 'Incredible' Nailsea & Backwell RFC win first ever Bristol Combination Vase
- 10 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
Sarah said: “I made a joke about taking over the salon, if ever Bob and Jenny decided to sell Clevedon and it all started from there.
“I have always retained my passion for hairdressing and I felt the time was right.
“I have always wanted my own salon and we are both looking forward to this new venture ”
Sarah will be working with the existing team and the only initial change being that the salon will be renamed Clevedon Hair Company.
Jenny wished Sarah and the staff all the very best for the future.
She said: “It has been a pleasure and a privilege to have worked with the team of talented stylists in Clevedon and to have been part of the business community in the Triangle area of the town for almost 30 years.
“In addition to thanking the girls for their loyalty and friendship we would both like to thank the Clevedon clients for their support, loyalty and best wishes and wish Sarah, Chris and the Clevedon Hair Company team every success for the future.”