Emporium showcases hand-made beauties
- Credit: Archant
A VINTAGE and artisan emporium has opened its doors in Clevedon showcasing a wealth of items created by local people.
19 in Alexandra Road has been set up by twin sisters, Victoria and Becky Saunders, selling items for the interior including furniture, decorative pieces, lighting, photography and artwork.
The 27-year-olds, who live in Clevedon and grew up in Yatton, both have a creative background studying art and design courses before making careers from their artistic abilities.
Both have worked as visual merchandisers, while Victoria has more recently succeeded as a self-employed designer.
Through the shop they are now supporting 20 small businesses, mostly based in the South West, by providing a location for them to sell their creations while also selling pieces they have also created.
You may also want to watch:
Thanks to the support the sisters are offering other small businesses they have been successful in securing a grant from North Somerset Council’s high street innovation fund which is aimed at helping people and companies looking to revitalist local shopping streets.
Victoria said: “The stock will continuously change as items are sold.
- 1 May 17: Which pubs are reopening in North Somerset?
- 2 May 17: What can't open when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 Boy, 17, 'with machete' arrested in village
- 4 LOCAL BY-ELECTION: Portishead East district and town councillors elected
- 5 Community festival to return to Nailsea this summer
- 6 New chairman for Nailsea Town Council
- 7 LOCAL ELECTIONS: Who you can vote for in the by-election tomorrow
- 8 Urgent need for volunteers to help with vaccinations
- 9 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 10 School to expand number of pupils it can house from September
“The emporium is a mix of all the things we love.
“We wanted to bring individual pieces together in one collection to showcase our style.”
To find out more about the artists and makers selling their items at 19 visit www.19alexandraroad.co.uk