Emporium showcases hand-made beauties
- Credit: Archant
A VINTAGE and artisan emporium has opened its doors in Clevedon showcasing a wealth of items created by local people.
19 in Alexandra Road has been set up by twin sisters, Victoria and Becky Saunders, selling items for the interior including furniture, decorative pieces, lighting, photography and artwork.
The 27-year-olds, who live in Clevedon and grew up in Yatton, both have a creative background studying art and design courses before making careers from their artistic abilities.
Both have worked as visual merchandisers, while Victoria has more recently succeeded as a self-employed designer.
Through the shop they are now supporting 20 small businesses, mostly based in the South West, by providing a location for them to sell their creations while also selling pieces they have also created.
Thanks to the support the sisters are offering other small businesses they have been successful in securing a grant from North Somerset Council’s high street innovation fund which is aimed at helping people and companies looking to revitalist local shopping streets.
Victoria said: “The stock will continuously change as items are sold.
- 1 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 2 Beautiful open-plan, versatile living in popular Portishead
- 3 Primary school children raise almost £300 at bake sale in Clevedon
- 4 Planning a funeral: 7 key things to add to your checklist
- 5 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 6 Two more leave Portishead Town Council over 'in-person' controversy
- 7 Stunning century sees Barrow Gurney II secure unlikely win
- 8 New store sign among latest planning applications
- 9 Van destroyed by fire on busy village route
- 10 Artists work on show at exhibition in Congresbury this weekend
“The emporium is a mix of all the things we love.
“We wanted to bring individual pieces together in one collection to showcase our style.”
To find out more about the artists and makers selling their items at 19 visit www.19alexandraroad.co.uk