Emporium showcases hand-made beauties
- Credit: Archant
A VINTAGE and artisan emporium has opened its doors in Clevedon showcasing a wealth of items created by local people.
19 in Alexandra Road has been set up by twin sisters, Victoria and Becky Saunders, selling items for the interior including furniture, decorative pieces, lighting, photography and artwork.
The 27-year-olds, who live in Clevedon and grew up in Yatton, both have a creative background studying art and design courses before making careers from their artistic abilities.
Both have worked as visual merchandisers, while Victoria has more recently succeeded as a self-employed designer.
Through the shop they are now supporting 20 small businesses, mostly based in the South West, by providing a location for them to sell their creations while also selling pieces they have also created.
You may also want to watch:
Thanks to the support the sisters are offering other small businesses they have been successful in securing a grant from North Somerset Council’s high street innovation fund which is aimed at helping people and companies looking to revitalist local shopping streets.
Victoria said: “The stock will continuously change as items are sold.
- 1 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 2 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 5 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 6 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 7 Flying club to stage 24-hour flight simulation for charity
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
“The emporium is a mix of all the things we love.
“We wanted to bring individual pieces together in one collection to showcase our style.”
To find out more about the artists and makers selling their items at 19 visit www.19alexandraroad.co.uk