Hair salon raises £300 for defibrillator project
- Credit: Tracey Fowler
Customers at a hair salon in Portishead have helped raise a significant sum for potentially life-saving equipment.
Portishead Lions Club has been raising money for about four years to pay for public defibrillators.
Units have been installed in the town in key areas, such as in the High Street and outside primary schools.
The Lions has also paid for defibrillators to be installed in Pill and Weston-in-Gordano too.
The project has also received a boost from clients of Elements Hair and Beauty.
You may also want to watch:
Elements organised a raffle at the opening of its flagship salon at Portishead marina earlier in the year.
And this week staff were able to hand the Lions a cheque for £300 to put towards the defibrillator initiative.
- 1 Contemporary living with lovely estuary views
- 2 Key workers awarded for their dedication during pandemic
- 3 Changes to North Somerset Council’s executive team announced
- 4 How to order free Covid home tests
- 5 Creation of 'flimsy' roles at £7,000 is 'indefensible', says North Somerset councillor
- 6 April 12: Air ambulance charity has busiest week on record
- 7 Call for new system to help people with addictions and mental health issues
- 8 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 9 Lord-Lieutenant unveils memorial to commemorate village war dead
- 10 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser