Hair salon raises £300 for defibrillator project
- Credit: Tracey Fowler
Customers at a hair salon in Portishead have helped raise a significant sum for potentially life-saving equipment.
Portishead Lions Club has been raising money for about four years to pay for public defibrillators.
Units have been installed in the town in key areas, such as in the High Street and outside primary schools.
The Lions has also paid for defibrillators to be installed in Pill and Weston-in-Gordano too.
The project has also received a boost from clients of Elements Hair and Beauty.
You may also want to watch:
Elements organised a raffle at the opening of its flagship salon at Portishead marina earlier in the year.
And this week staff were able to hand the Lions a cheque for £300 to put towards the defibrillator initiative.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 4 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 8 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 9 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week