Hair salon raises £300 for defibrillator project
- Credit: Tracey Fowler
Customers at a hair salon in Portishead have helped raise a significant sum for potentially life-saving equipment.
Portishead Lions Club has been raising money for about four years to pay for public defibrillators.
Units have been installed in the town in key areas, such as in the High Street and outside primary schools.
The Lions has also paid for defibrillators to be installed in Pill and Weston-in-Gordano too.
The project has also received a boost from clients of Elements Hair and Beauty.
You may also want to watch:
Elements organised a raffle at the opening of its flagship salon at Portishead marina earlier in the year.
And this week staff were able to hand the Lions a cheque for £300 to put towards the defibrillator initiative.
- 1 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 2 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 3 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 4 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 5 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 6 Shop Local: Chamber of commerce urges people to utilise high street independents this weekend
- 7 First year success for racing superstar Trevorrow
- 8 Business in Kenn nominated for prestigious Business Leader Awards
- 9 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 10 Clevedon carer raises more than £1,600 with charity head shave