Hair salon raises £300 for defibrillator project
- Credit: Tracey Fowler
Customers at a hair salon in Portishead have helped raise a significant sum for potentially life-saving equipment.
Portishead Lions Club has been raising money for about four years to pay for public defibrillators.
Units have been installed in the town in key areas, such as in the High Street and outside primary schools.
The Lions has also paid for defibrillators to be installed in Pill and Weston-in-Gordano too.
The project has also received a boost from clients of Elements Hair and Beauty.
You may also want to watch:
Elements organised a raffle at the opening of its flagship salon at Portishead marina earlier in the year.
And this week staff were able to hand the Lions a cheque for £300 to put towards the defibrillator initiative.
- 1 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 5 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 6 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 7 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 8 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 9 Camera club wants new members to join
- 10 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village