Easter trail to get people on their feet
- Credit: Archant
AN EASTER trail for all the family has been launched in Portishead.
The trail involves a walk around the sights of the town, hunting for Easter egg posters that have been coloured by Portishead Primary School pupils.
The posters will be hidden in shops and businesses along the trail and entrants will have to write down where they have seen them.
There are lots of prizes, ranging from days out to shopping vouchers, to be won.
Tanya Marriott, who owns Solelution shoe shop in Portishead High Street, has organised the event to coincide with Fit Feet week, which highlights the importance of looking after our feet and making sure we wear suitably fitted footwear.
You may also want to watch:
The mum-of-two said: “The trail is a fun activity for all the family that will hopefully get people walking about in the fresh air, calling in at local shops and businesses to see what they have to offer.”
The trail begins and ends at the shoe shop. It costs £1 to enter and the proceeds will be split between charities Springboard Opportunity Group and Children’s Hospice South West. A colouring competition and a shoe design contest are also taking place at Solelution. Entry forms and maps will be available from the shop at 114 High Street from Saturday.
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 3 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 4 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 5 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 6 Light the Night celebration to take place in Clevedon
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 9 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 10 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb