Easter trail to get people on their feet
- Credit: Archant
AN EASTER trail for all the family has been launched in Portishead.
The trail involves a walk around the sights of the town, hunting for Easter egg posters that have been coloured by Portishead Primary School pupils.
The posters will be hidden in shops and businesses along the trail and entrants will have to write down where they have seen them.
There are lots of prizes, ranging from days out to shopping vouchers, to be won.
Tanya Marriott, who owns Solelution shoe shop in Portishead High Street, has organised the event to coincide with Fit Feet week, which highlights the importance of looking after our feet and making sure we wear suitably fitted footwear.
You may also want to watch:
The mum-of-two said: “The trail is a fun activity for all the family that will hopefully get people walking about in the fresh air, calling in at local shops and businesses to see what they have to offer.”
The trail begins and ends at the shoe shop. It costs £1 to enter and the proceeds will be split between charities Springboard Opportunity Group and Children’s Hospice South West. A colouring competition and a shoe design contest are also taking place at Solelution. Entry forms and maps will be available from the shop at 114 High Street from Saturday.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 6 Carpenter wants top Clevedon performance for President's Day
- 7 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend
- 8 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 9 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week