DTechnics branches out to broadband
A CLEVEDON computer business is taking on the likes of Sky and BT in becoming an Internet service provider.
DTechnics in Hill Road has branched out in to providing broadband to businesses and homes in North Somerset and further afield.
The company was set up by David Till as a basic computer repair business nine years ago. Since then, it has grown significantly, providing IT and network support, upgrades and remote assistance.
Now, after working with BT Openreach to get the necessary cabling installed, the business can now supply broadboand anywhere in the UK from a simple office computer.
Two premises in North Wales and two in London have already signed up to the scheme, along with some North Somerset residents.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Till, who was brought up in Clevedon, hopes the personal service he can give will encourage people to use his broadband.
The 56-year-old said: “I am local and I am a shop where you can come in and talk to me. I am fairly competitive with what everyone else is doing.”
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 4 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 5 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 6 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 7 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 8 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 9 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 10 Restricting more flights from airport would have 'profound implications for society', says lawyer
* To find out more about the broadband scheme and DTechnics visit www.dtechnics.co.uk or call 08716 209400.