Driving school’s theory help
A PORTISHEAD driving school is offering help to people with additional needs struggling to pass their theory test.
Steve Allen has taken on his partner Kris who will specialise in additional needs.
Steve, who has been teaching people to drive in Portishead for more than 30 years and is now teaching the grandchildren of some of his first pupils, said: “Kris has experience working with special needs groups and she drew my attention to why some students may find the theory test more challenging than others.”
Kris has now joined the business as a qualified instructor and while she will teach all students, she will specialise in teaching pupils with dyslexia, ADD and ADHD.
Steve added: “Kris has a keen interest in the driving school so it seemed the perfect solution for her to qualify as an instructor and officially join the business.”
You may also want to watch:
Steve and Kris can be contacted on 07900 254765 or 07977 778259.
- 1 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 2 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 3 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 4 Storyboat 700+ sets sail in Portishead for 2021
- 5 Clevedon School launches pop-up shop to support low income families
- 6 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 7 Volunteers launch website for Trendlewood Park
- 8 Clevedon strengthen squad with signing of Gloucestershire duo Higgins and Warner
- 9 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 10 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine