North Somerset MP visits Portishead for Small Business Saturday
- Credit: Archant
North Somerset MP Dr Liam Fox showed his support for small businesses at the weekend, and offered advice on avenues for growth
Dr Fox, who is secretary for international trade, was in Portishead on Saturday to meet entrepreneurs and celebrate Small Business Saturday.
The Cabinet member met with entrepreneurs and offered tips on growing their businesses internationally, with the Department for International Trade’s Mobile Export Hub in town.
Dr Fox said: “The UK economy is built upon the building blocks of small and medium-sized businesses.
“Advances in communications technology mean a sole trader from Portishead, can now become a one-man-multinational selling directly to billions of customers around the world.
You may also want to watch:
“On Small Business Saturday I encouraged all businesses to take the first step on their own export journey.”
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 3 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 4 Impressive, four-floor detached house with sea views
- 5 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 6 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 7 Brand new five-bedroom family home in AONB
- 8 Primary school shuts after staff members test positive for coronavirus
- 9 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 10 Bristol Airport welcomes new testing strategy for arrivals