Dr Liam Fox to be keynote speaker at business event
- Credit: Archant
An annual business show will return to Portishead next month, and a Cabinet member will be the keynote speaker.
North Somerset MP Dr Liam Fox was confirmed on Tuesday as the main speaker for the Portishead Chamber of Commerce event.
It is the fifth time it has arranged the Business Outlook roadshow and the chamber hopes to promote the town’s enterprising nature.
The event has grown significantly in recent years, with last year 100 delegates across 25 stands being set up. Organisers hope to top that this year.
Kim Bachelor, president of the Portishead Chamber of Commerce, said: “The event offers a real mix of inspirational and motivating speakers, exhibitors and networking opportunities, and continues to attract a variety of business people from the local community.
You may also want to watch:
“Business Outlook is a great way of showcasing how Portishead is a hub for growing businesses and is becoming one of the most prosperous and exciting places to live and work in the region.
“Local business people will also hear from Liam Fox who will bring us the latest from Westminster, and I’m sure attendees will benefit from the MP’s insights and perspectives that he will share during the event.”
- 1 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name
- 4 PICTURES: Lions charity surprises Clevedon residents
- 5 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 6 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 7 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 8 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 9 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 10 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
The speaker line-up also includes former BBC correspondent David Passmore, international author and speaker Nicky Marshall, and Heather Ferguson, market analyst at Hargreaves Lansdown.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to take part in two speed networking sessions where they will have two minutes to pitch their business to the rest of the group.
Jeanette Hingley at Berry Rowan Recruitment Solutions, said: “Having attended Business Outlook as a delegate, the atmosphere was great and the speakers were both useful and interesting.
“I therefore decided to exhibit the following year where I made some good contacts.
“The event was definitely of value to my business.”
The event will be held on September 15 from 9am-2.30pm at Gordano School.
Places, priced £20-30, are available to book until 24 hours before the event online at events.eazybook.com/businessoutlook2017. Discounted rates are available until August 21.