Downing Street honour for Portishead apprentice
- Credit: supplied
A PORTISHEAD apprentice has received an honour from 10 Downing Street.
Charlotte Allan, who has completed her Microsoft apprenticeship with IT services company Chorus, in Bristol Road, has received an Honourable Mention – one of the highest accolades Microsoft bestows on apprentices.
To celebrate her success, the 20 year old attended receptions at the House of Commons and 10 Downing Street with other apprentices.
Chorus nominated Charlotte for the Microsoft Apprentice of the Year and, successfully shortlisted, she was invited to the House of Commons with her managing director, Emma Sherry.
Emma said: “We’re extremely proud of Charlotte and her achievements. She has worked tremendously hard, is a great addition to our team and is popular with clients. We hope she’ll enjoy a long and happy career with Chorus.”
You may also want to watch:
The former Nailsea School student began working for Chorus, an outsourced IT and creative solutions provider, in July 2012. Her apprenticeship involved training in Milton Keynes, full-time work with Chorus and home study.
She said: “I wanted to pursue a career in IT because every business needs technology and I’d like to help them get the best from it. I saw an apprenticeship opportunity with Chorus and, having researched the company’s client list and growth record, I applied and was successful.”
- 1 Contemporary living with lovely estuary views
- 2 Key workers awarded for their dedication during pandemic
- 3 Changes to North Somerset Council’s executive team announced
- 4 Creation of 'flimsy' roles at £7,000 is 'indefensible', says North Somerset councillor
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 April 12: Air ambulance charity has busiest week on record
- 7 Call for new system to help people with addictions and mental health issues
- 8 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 9 Lord-Lieutenant unveils memorial to commemorate village war dead
- 10 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
Charlotte now holds the position of ICT administrator which involves managing the busy support mailbox for Chorus’s local and national clients. She is the third dedicated IT apprentice to graduate with Chorus.