Downing Street honour for Portishead apprentice
- Credit: supplied
A PORTISHEAD apprentice has received an honour from 10 Downing Street.
Charlotte Allan, who has completed her Microsoft apprenticeship with IT services company Chorus, in Bristol Road, has received an Honourable Mention – one of the highest accolades Microsoft bestows on apprentices.
To celebrate her success, the 20 year old attended receptions at the House of Commons and 10 Downing Street with other apprentices.
Chorus nominated Charlotte for the Microsoft Apprentice of the Year and, successfully shortlisted, she was invited to the House of Commons with her managing director, Emma Sherry.
Emma said: “We’re extremely proud of Charlotte and her achievements. She has worked tremendously hard, is a great addition to our team and is popular with clients. We hope she’ll enjoy a long and happy career with Chorus.”
The former Nailsea School student began working for Chorus, an outsourced IT and creative solutions provider, in July 2012. Her apprenticeship involved training in Milton Keynes, full-time work with Chorus and home study.
She said: “I wanted to pursue a career in IT because every business needs technology and I’d like to help them get the best from it. I saw an apprenticeship opportunity with Chorus and, having researched the company’s client list and growth record, I applied and was successful.”
- 1 VIDEO: Coastguard airlifts two people from Clevedon waters
- 2 North Somerset Council to approve historic bus improvement plan
- 3 First Bus and Stagecoach reps to face Portishead residents in meeting
- 4 Cleeve beat Cheddar to secure place in Somerset Intermediate Cup quarter-finals
- 5 Century-old family business opens new storage facility in Worle
- 6 Herd of model baby elephants complete 400-mile journey to Noah's Ark Zoo
- 7 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 8 Boy injured after being chased by dog at North Somerset beauty spot
- 9 Cleeve and Portishead combine to produce exciting tie
- 10 Boats light up Norfolk broad for stunning artwork
Charlotte now holds the position of ICT administrator which involves managing the busy support mailbox for Chorus’s local and national clients. She is the third dedicated IT apprentice to graduate with Chorus.