Downing Street honour for Portishead apprentice
- Credit: supplied
A PORTISHEAD apprentice has received an honour from 10 Downing Street.
Charlotte Allan, who has completed her Microsoft apprenticeship with IT services company Chorus, in Bristol Road, has received an Honourable Mention – one of the highest accolades Microsoft bestows on apprentices.
To celebrate her success, the 20 year old attended receptions at the House of Commons and 10 Downing Street with other apprentices.
Chorus nominated Charlotte for the Microsoft Apprentice of the Year and, successfully shortlisted, she was invited to the House of Commons with her managing director, Emma Sherry.
Emma said: “We’re extremely proud of Charlotte and her achievements. She has worked tremendously hard, is a great addition to our team and is popular with clients. We hope she’ll enjoy a long and happy career with Chorus.”
You may also want to watch:
The former Nailsea School student began working for Chorus, an outsourced IT and creative solutions provider, in July 2012. Her apprenticeship involved training in Milton Keynes, full-time work with Chorus and home study.
She said: “I wanted to pursue a career in IT because every business needs technology and I’d like to help them get the best from it. I saw an apprenticeship opportunity with Chorus and, having researched the company’s client list and growth record, I applied and was successful.”
- 1 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 2 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 U-turn as West of England Combined Authority formally opposes Bristol Airport expansion
- 5 Duck race raises £1,000 for children's hospice
- 6 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 7 WIN: Tickets to latest James Bond film
- 8 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 9 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 10 Pupils beat parents in school fun run
Charlotte now holds the position of ICT administrator which involves managing the busy support mailbox for Chorus’s local and national clients. She is the third dedicated IT apprentice to graduate with Chorus.