Donations to a charity close to dad’s heart
DONATIONS will be made to a charity fund for every oven cleaned by a North Somerset businessman.
Mark Church, the owner of oven cleaning and valeting franchise, Ovenu, has pledged to donate �5 for every household oven he cleans in November to the Bristol-based charity, It’s in the Bag.
The fund supports men with testicular cancer and is particularly close to Mark’s heart after his 27-year-old son was diagnosed with the disease last December.
It’s in the Bag is run by volunteers and many former patients of Bristol Haematology and Oncology Centre act as buddies to sufferers.
Mark, aged 52 from Clapton-in-Gordano, said: “The support my son has received from It’s in the Bag has been phenomenal. It’s helped not only him but the whole family come to terms with this heartbreaking news.
You may also want to watch:
“Some weeks after his operation, my son was informed the cancer had spread, but, thankfully, after a full course of chemotherapy this past summer he has been given the all clear.
“Again, during this traumatic time, he received fantastic and continuing support from It’s in the Bag.”
- 1 Contemporary living with lovely estuary views
- 2 Key workers awarded for their dedication during pandemic
- 3 Changes to North Somerset Council’s executive team announced
- 4 Creation of 'flimsy' roles at £7,000 is 'indefensible', says North Somerset councillor
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 April 12: Air ambulance charity has busiest week on record
- 7 Call for new system to help people with addictions and mental health issues
- 8 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 9 Lord-Lieutenant unveils memorial to commemorate village war dead
- 10 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
In a bid to raise awareness of the importance of It’s in the Bag, at the end of the month Mark will attempt to have his moustache, which he has grown for Movember, coloured and shaped like the orange underpants of the charity logo.
With his oven valeting business, Mark covers areas including Portishead, Clevedon, Nailsea, Backwell, Long Ashton, Failand and Pill.
To make a donation to his fundraising drive visit www.justgiving.com/itsinthebag-movember2012 or call Mark on 01275 750173 for more details about his services.