Donations to a charity close to dad’s heart
DONATIONS will be made to a charity fund for every oven cleaned by a North Somerset businessman.
Mark Church, the owner of oven cleaning and valeting franchise, Ovenu, has pledged to donate �5 for every household oven he cleans in November to the Bristol-based charity, It’s in the Bag.
The fund supports men with testicular cancer and is particularly close to Mark’s heart after his 27-year-old son was diagnosed with the disease last December.
It’s in the Bag is run by volunteers and many former patients of Bristol Haematology and Oncology Centre act as buddies to sufferers.
Mark, aged 52 from Clapton-in-Gordano, said: “The support my son has received from It’s in the Bag has been phenomenal. It’s helped not only him but the whole family come to terms with this heartbreaking news.
You may also want to watch:
“Some weeks after his operation, my son was informed the cancer had spread, but, thankfully, after a full course of chemotherapy this past summer he has been given the all clear.
“Again, during this traumatic time, he received fantastic and continuing support from It’s in the Bag.”
- 1 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 5 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 6 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 7 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 8 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 9 Camera club wants new members to join
- 10 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
In a bid to raise awareness of the importance of It’s in the Bag, at the end of the month Mark will attempt to have his moustache, which he has grown for Movember, coloured and shaped like the orange underpants of the charity logo.
With his oven valeting business, Mark covers areas including Portishead, Clevedon, Nailsea, Backwell, Long Ashton, Failand and Pill.
To make a donation to his fundraising drive visit www.justgiving.com/itsinthebag-movember2012 or call Mark on 01275 750173 for more details about his services.