Donations to a charity close to dad’s heart
DONATIONS will be made to a charity fund for every oven cleaned by a North Somerset businessman.
Mark Church, the owner of oven cleaning and valeting franchise, Ovenu, has pledged to donate �5 for every household oven he cleans in November to the Bristol-based charity, It’s in the Bag.
The fund supports men with testicular cancer and is particularly close to Mark’s heart after his 27-year-old son was diagnosed with the disease last December.
It’s in the Bag is run by volunteers and many former patients of Bristol Haematology and Oncology Centre act as buddies to sufferers.
Mark, aged 52 from Clapton-in-Gordano, said: “The support my son has received from It’s in the Bag has been phenomenal. It’s helped not only him but the whole family come to terms with this heartbreaking news.
“Some weeks after his operation, my son was informed the cancer had spread, but, thankfully, after a full course of chemotherapy this past summer he has been given the all clear.
“Again, during this traumatic time, he received fantastic and continuing support from It’s in the Bag.”
- 1 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 2 Primary school children raise almost £300 at bake sale in Clevedon
- 3 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 4 Two more leave Portishead Town Council over 'in-person' controversy
- 5 Van destroyed by fire on busy village route
- 6 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 7 Nailsea's Trendlewood Park needs volunteers
- 8 New chair elected at North Somerset Council
- 9 Gardens on view for Clevedon wildlife trail
- 10 Artists work on show at exhibition in Congresbury this weekend
In a bid to raise awareness of the importance of It’s in the Bag, at the end of the month Mark will attempt to have his moustache, which he has grown for Movember, coloured and shaped like the orange underpants of the charity logo.
With his oven valeting business, Mark covers areas including Portishead, Clevedon, Nailsea, Backwell, Long Ashton, Failand and Pill.
To make a donation to his fundraising drive visit www.justgiving.com/itsinthebag-movember2012 or call Mark on 01275 750173 for more details about his services.