Dog club needs a new home
A DOG training club in Portishead could be forced to close if new premises cannot be found.
Little Posset Dog Training, which has been running in the town for more than 10 years, currently holds classes at the United Reformed Church Hall in Woodhill Road.
However, the building is being sold off and the dog club has been given notice to quit.
Hilary Holley who runs the classes said: “As part of our search for a new home for the club we have approached numerous other halls in Portishead, but the doors are firmly closed as soon as we mention our activities include animals.”
Hilary says the regular sessions, which include puppy parties and instruction on how to be a responsible dog owner, provide a vital service for the dog owning community in Portishead and it would be a sad loss if they had to stop.
You may also want to watch:
The search is now on for a new home for the training classes.
Hilary added: “There must be someone out there who could hire us a unit of some kind, whether it’s a hall, barn or warehouse, so that we can continue.”
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 6 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 7 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 8 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 9 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 10 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
Anyone willing to help can contact Hilary on 01275 844645.