Dog club needs a new home
A DOG training club in Portishead could be forced to close if new premises cannot be found.
Little Posset Dog Training, which has been running in the town for more than 10 years, currently holds classes at the United Reformed Church Hall in Woodhill Road.
However, the building is being sold off and the dog club has been given notice to quit.
Hilary Holley who runs the classes said: “As part of our search for a new home for the club we have approached numerous other halls in Portishead, but the doors are firmly closed as soon as we mention our activities include animals.”
Hilary says the regular sessions, which include puppy parties and instruction on how to be a responsible dog owner, provide a vital service for the dog owning community in Portishead and it would be a sad loss if they had to stop.
You may also want to watch:
The search is now on for a new home for the training classes.
Hilary added: “There must be someone out there who could hire us a unit of some kind, whether it’s a hall, barn or warehouse, so that we can continue.”
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 3 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 4 Impressive, four-floor detached house with sea views
- 5 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 6 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 7 Brand new five-bedroom family home in AONB
- 8 Primary school shuts after staff members test positive for coronavirus
- 9 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 10 Bristol Airport welcomes new testing strategy for arrivals
Anyone willing to help can contact Hilary on 01275 844645.