Dog club needs a new home
A DOG training club in Portishead could be forced to close if new premises cannot be found.
Little Posset Dog Training, which has been running in the town for more than 10 years, currently holds classes at the United Reformed Church Hall in Woodhill Road.
However, the building is being sold off and the dog club has been given notice to quit.
Hilary Holley who runs the classes said: “As part of our search for a new home for the club we have approached numerous other halls in Portishead, but the doors are firmly closed as soon as we mention our activities include animals.”
Hilary says the regular sessions, which include puppy parties and instruction on how to be a responsible dog owner, provide a vital service for the dog owning community in Portishead and it would be a sad loss if they had to stop.
You may also want to watch:
The search is now on for a new home for the training classes.
Hilary added: “There must be someone out there who could hire us a unit of some kind, whether it’s a hall, barn or warehouse, so that we can continue.”
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 4 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 5 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 6 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 7 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 8 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 9 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 10 Restricting more flights from airport would have 'profound implications for society', says lawyer
Anyone willing to help can contact Hilary on 01275 844645.