Dog club needs a new home
A DOG training club in Portishead could be forced to close if new premises cannot be found.
Little Posset Dog Training, which has been running in the town for more than 10 years, currently holds classes at the United Reformed Church Hall in Woodhill Road.
However, the building is being sold off and the dog club has been given notice to quit.
Hilary Holley who runs the classes said: “As part of our search for a new home for the club we have approached numerous other halls in Portishead, but the doors are firmly closed as soon as we mention our activities include animals.”
Hilary says the regular sessions, which include puppy parties and instruction on how to be a responsible dog owner, provide a vital service for the dog owning community in Portishead and it would be a sad loss if they had to stop.
The search is now on for a new home for the training classes.
Hilary added: “There must be someone out there who could hire us a unit of some kind, whether it’s a hall, barn or warehouse, so that we can continue.”
- 1 Monthly disco returns for people with disabilities in North Somerset
- 2 Al-fresco summer concert in Clevedon this weekend
- 3 The Hub to host open day in Portishead
- 4 CCTV image released as police hunt missing teenager Tammy
- 5 Weston MP says Number 10 has 'not been honest' over Pincher scandal
- 6 COURT RESULTS: Speeding woman, 71, banned from driving
- 7 Backwell art group to host exhibition
- 8 VIDEO: Coastguard airlifts two people from Clevedon waters
- 9 Help improve North Somerset's water quality with hands-on science event
- 10 Firm's new depot at Avonmouth creates 10 jobs
Anyone willing to help can contact Hilary on 01275 844645.