Dog club needs a new home
A DOG training club in Portishead could be forced to close if new premises cannot be found.
Little Posset Dog Training, which has been running in the town for more than 10 years, currently holds classes at the United Reformed Church Hall in Woodhill Road.
However, the building is being sold off and the dog club has been given notice to quit.
Hilary Holley who runs the classes said: “As part of our search for a new home for the club we have approached numerous other halls in Portishead, but the doors are firmly closed as soon as we mention our activities include animals.”
Hilary says the regular sessions, which include puppy parties and instruction on how to be a responsible dog owner, provide a vital service for the dog owning community in Portishead and it would be a sad loss if they had to stop.
You may also want to watch:
The search is now on for a new home for the training classes.
Hilary added: “There must be someone out there who could hire us a unit of some kind, whether it’s a hall, barn or warehouse, so that we can continue.”
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 3 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 4 Beautiful Edwardian villa near Clevedon's seafront
- 5 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 6 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 7 Cliff Richard concert to be live streamed in cinemas
- 8 Ashton & Backwell United bow out of Buildbase FA Vase after Bemerton Heath Harlequins defeat
- 9 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 10 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
Anyone willing to help can contact Hilary on 01275 844645.