Designer sparks international interest
- Credit: Archant
A LUXURY scarf designer has seen her products featured in national magazines and sold across the world, just three months after starting her business.
Joanna Allsop graduated from a fashion and textile degree at the University of the West of England last year and in October began trading online.
The 23-year-old, who grew up in Worcestershire but now lives in Clapton-in-Gordano with her boyfriend Ross, creates each scarf from detailed water colour paintings, mixing digital processes with illustrations.
Since October she has sold scarves to customers in Australia, America and China as well as many people living in London.
Her products also featured in January’s issues of national magazines, Glamour and GQ, after they were spotted online.
You may also want to watch:
Joanna said: “Having grown up in Worcestershire surrounded by the natural beauty of the countryside, my artwork has been always been inspired by nature and its intensity. “After moving to Bristol in 2010 to pursue university, I found myself drawn towards the woodlands and walks located around the city, providing a basis to my first collection which is now selling around the world.
“I am running the business from home, with local life providing great inspiration.
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 Daly on Portishead Town's season so far and ambitions for the future
- 3 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 4 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 5 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 6 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 7 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 8 Clevedon's Hayer enjoying international exposure
- 9 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 10 Local girls earn call-up to England squad
“The scarves were my final collection for my degree.
“I have had a great start so I am excited to see what could happen this year.”
As her success continues, Joanna hopes to expand her range to include products for interiors and possibly stationery.
To find out more visit www.joannaallsop.com