Designer hopes for dressmaker award
- Credit: Archant
A WEDDING dress designer is hoping to be crowned bridal dressmaker of the year at the Bristol and Somerset Wedding Awards.
Abigail Westrup, aged 26, opened her own bridal dressmaking shop in Kingshill, Nailsea, two years ago.
Since then she has made 55 bespoke dresses and outfits for brides, bridesmaids, mothers of the bride and groom and prom dresses. She also makes handcrafted Swarovski crystal bridal and bridesmaid accessories.
Customers have travelled from as far as London to have their dresses made by Abigail.
She has also altered more than 400 outfits and is now about to launch her own label which will be sold at other bridal shops in the area.
You may also want to watch:
The talented designer was a finalist in the 2014 wedding awards and she will find out if she has been successful this time around on February 27.
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 4 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 5 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 6 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 9 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 10 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published