Designer hopes for dressmaker award
- Credit: Archant
A WEDDING dress designer is hoping to be crowned bridal dressmaker of the year at the Bristol and Somerset Wedding Awards.
Abigail Westrup, aged 26, opened her own bridal dressmaking shop in Kingshill, Nailsea, two years ago.
Since then she has made 55 bespoke dresses and outfits for brides, bridesmaids, mothers of the bride and groom and prom dresses. She also makes handcrafted Swarovski crystal bridal and bridesmaid accessories.
Customers have travelled from as far as London to have their dresses made by Abigail.
She has also altered more than 400 outfits and is now about to launch her own label which will be sold at other bridal shops in the area.
You may also want to watch:
The talented designer was a finalist in the 2014 wedding awards and she will find out if she has been successful this time around on February 27.
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 School girls creates Christmas cards for charity
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 5 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 6 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 7 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 10 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s