Designer hopes for dressmaker award
- Credit: Archant
A WEDDING dress designer is hoping to be crowned bridal dressmaker of the year at the Bristol and Somerset Wedding Awards.
Abigail Westrup, aged 26, opened her own bridal dressmaking shop in Kingshill, Nailsea, two years ago.
Since then she has made 55 bespoke dresses and outfits for brides, bridesmaids, mothers of the bride and groom and prom dresses. She also makes handcrafted Swarovski crystal bridal and bridesmaid accessories.
Customers have travelled from as far as London to have their dresses made by Abigail.
She has also altered more than 400 outfits and is now about to launch her own label which will be sold at other bridal shops in the area.
You may also want to watch:
The talented designer was a finalist in the 2014 wedding awards and she will find out if she has been successful this time around on February 27.
- 1 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 2 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 3 Exceptional house with grounds, countryside views and outbuildings
- 4 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 5 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 6 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 7 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 8 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 9 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 10 'Amazing atmosphere' at return of Clevedon Parkrun