Designer hopes for dressmaker award
- Credit: Archant
A WEDDING dress designer is hoping to be crowned bridal dressmaker of the year at the Bristol and Somerset Wedding Awards.
Abigail Westrup, aged 26, opened her own bridal dressmaking shop in Kingshill, Nailsea, two years ago.
Since then she has made 55 bespoke dresses and outfits for brides, bridesmaids, mothers of the bride and groom and prom dresses. She also makes handcrafted Swarovski crystal bridal and bridesmaid accessories.
Customers have travelled from as far as London to have their dresses made by Abigail.
She has also altered more than 400 outfits and is now about to launch her own label which will be sold at other bridal shops in the area.
You may also want to watch:
The talented designer was a finalist in the 2014 wedding awards and she will find out if she has been successful this time around on February 27.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 4 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 5 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 6 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 7 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 8 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 9 How to order free Covid home tests
- 10 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens