Design a poster for Carey’s window
- Credit: Archant
A FRAMING workshop in Portishead has launched an art competition to celebrate 10 years of framing in the town.
The framing department at Carey’s Home and Garden Centre in the High Street is inviting youngsters to take part in a poster design contest, which will also help the store with its Christmas window display.
Under 18s are invited to design a poster entitled Christmas. The posters can be drawn or painted and should be as colourful as possible. There are two categories, 12 years and under and one for teenagers.
The winning entries will be professionally framed and the winners will also receive a selection of art materials.
Some of the best entries, including the winners, will be used in the Carey’s Christmas shop window display throughout December.
You may also want to watch:
The closing date for entries, which should be taken to the shop at 17 High Street, is December 10 and the winners will be announced at the town’s Victorian evening on December 13.
To find out more call into the framing department at Carey’s or call Jonathan on 01275 398930.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 7 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 8 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 9 Parents praise nurseries and childminders for support during pandemic
- 10 Barclays to close North Somerset branches