Design a poster for Carey’s window
- Credit: Archant
A FRAMING workshop in Portishead has launched an art competition to celebrate 10 years of framing in the town.
The framing department at Carey’s Home and Garden Centre in the High Street is inviting youngsters to take part in a poster design contest, which will also help the store with its Christmas window display.
Under 18s are invited to design a poster entitled Christmas. The posters can be drawn or painted and should be as colourful as possible. There are two categories, 12 years and under and one for teenagers.
The winning entries will be professionally framed and the winners will also receive a selection of art materials.
Some of the best entries, including the winners, will be used in the Carey’s Christmas shop window display throughout December.
You may also want to watch:
The closing date for entries, which should be taken to the shop at 17 High Street, is December 10 and the winners will be announced at the town’s Victorian evening on December 13.
To find out more call into the framing department at Carey’s or call Jonathan on 01275 398930.
- 1 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 2 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 U-turn as West of England Combined Authority formally opposes Bristol Airport expansion
- 5 Duck race raises £1,000 for children's hospice
- 6 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 7 WIN: Tickets to latest James Bond film
- 8 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 9 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 10 Woodspring Women earn first ever win over Burnham United Ladies Reserves