Design a poster for Carey’s window
- Credit: Archant
A FRAMING workshop in Portishead has launched an art competition to celebrate 10 years of framing in the town.
The framing department at Carey’s Home and Garden Centre in the High Street is inviting youngsters to take part in a poster design contest, which will also help the store with its Christmas window display.
Under 18s are invited to design a poster entitled Christmas. The posters can be drawn or painted and should be as colourful as possible. There are two categories, 12 years and under and one for teenagers.
The winning entries will be professionally framed and the winners will also receive a selection of art materials.
Some of the best entries, including the winners, will be used in the Carey’s Christmas shop window display throughout December.
You may also want to watch:
The closing date for entries, which should be taken to the shop at 17 High Street, is December 10 and the winners will be announced at the town’s Victorian evening on December 13.
To find out more call into the framing department at Carey’s or call Jonathan on 01275 398930.
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 3 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 4 Impressive, four-floor detached house with sea views
- 5 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 6 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 7 Primary school shuts after staff members test positive for coronavirus
- 8 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 9 Bristol Airport welcomes new testing strategy for arrivals
- 10 Seek appointment with GP for persistent stomach troubles, urges NHS and Public Health England campaign