Cash boost for village hall project
- Credit: Archant
Plans to build a village hall in Congresbury have received a cash injection, thanks to a business owner.
Debbie Fortune Estate Agents has donated £4,000 to the Congresbury New Village Hall Development Trust, which hopes to create a hub for clubs and events.
The estate agents, which recently opened an office in Congresbury, pledged a portion of its 2017 income from the sales and lettings in village to the project.
The cash was presented on March 23 to Weston MP John Penrose, who is patron of the village hall trust.
Congresbury resident Ms Fortune said: “We hoped our pledge to donate 10 per cent of the fees we earned from Congresbury property sales and lettings in 2017 would raise lots of money for the fund, and I am delighted with the result.
You may also want to watch:
“I am thrilled to announce we will continue our initiative and pledge in 2018, and we are committed to raising a record amount for the project.”
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 6 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 7 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 8 Medal joy for North Somerset athletes at English Schools Championships
- 9 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 10 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid