Cash boost for village hall project
- Credit: Archant
Plans to build a village hall in Congresbury have received a cash injection, thanks to a business owner.
Debbie Fortune Estate Agents has donated £4,000 to the Congresbury New Village Hall Development Trust, which hopes to create a hub for clubs and events.
The estate agents, which recently opened an office in Congresbury, pledged a portion of its 2017 income from the sales and lettings in village to the project.
The cash was presented on March 23 to Weston MP John Penrose, who is patron of the village hall trust.
Congresbury resident Ms Fortune said: “We hoped our pledge to donate 10 per cent of the fees we earned from Congresbury property sales and lettings in 2017 would raise lots of money for the fund, and I am delighted with the result.
You may also want to watch:
“I am thrilled to announce we will continue our initiative and pledge in 2018, and we are committed to raising a record amount for the project.”
- 1 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 2 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 3 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 4 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 5 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 6 How to order free Covid home tests
- 7 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 10 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans