Cash boost for village hall project
- Credit: Archant
Plans to build a village hall in Congresbury have received a cash injection, thanks to a business owner.
Debbie Fortune Estate Agents has donated £4,000 to the Congresbury New Village Hall Development Trust, which hopes to create a hub for clubs and events.
The estate agents, which recently opened an office in Congresbury, pledged a portion of its 2017 income from the sales and lettings in village to the project.
The cash was presented on March 23 to Weston MP John Penrose, who is patron of the village hall trust.
Congresbury resident Ms Fortune said: “We hoped our pledge to donate 10 per cent of the fees we earned from Congresbury property sales and lettings in 2017 would raise lots of money for the fund, and I am delighted with the result.
“I am thrilled to announce we will continue our initiative and pledge in 2018, and we are committed to raising a record amount for the project.”
- 1 Fatal collision in Clevedon leaves man in his 70s dead
- 2 House of Commons gives Liam Fox reason for Portishead Rail delay
- 3 Clevedon B&M redevelopment approved, despite hundreds of objections
- 4 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 5 Extension to cycling route could be approved next year
- 6 Friends opt for career change with new Backwell distillery
- 7 New Mercury and Times editor appointed
- 8 Remembrance service for crew who died in air crash
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns