Cash boost for village hall project
- Credit: Archant
Plans to build a village hall in Congresbury have received a cash injection, thanks to a business owner.
Debbie Fortune Estate Agents has donated £4,000 to the Congresbury New Village Hall Development Trust, which hopes to create a hub for clubs and events.
The estate agents, which recently opened an office in Congresbury, pledged a portion of its 2017 income from the sales and lettings in village to the project.
The cash was presented on March 23 to Weston MP John Penrose, who is patron of the village hall trust.
Congresbury resident Ms Fortune said: “We hoped our pledge to donate 10 per cent of the fees we earned from Congresbury property sales and lettings in 2017 would raise lots of money for the fund, and I am delighted with the result.
You may also want to watch:
“I am thrilled to announce we will continue our initiative and pledge in 2018, and we are committed to raising a record amount for the project.”
- 1 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 2 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 3 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 4 Businesses urged to claim coronavirus grants
- 5 Airport appeal to be heard in the summer
- 6 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 7 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 8 Shop Local: Chamber of commerce urges people to utilise high street independents this weekend
- 9 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 10 Support Portishead and Nailsea Lions clubs with Santa Float collections this December