Day care for dogs
Day care for dogs
A NEW day care and training centre for dogs is being set up in Wraxall.
Owners will be able to drop their beloved pets off with dog lover Grace Brutto who runs Hillside Nursery with her husband Graham and her cousin Sally Hunt.
Grace already has experience in dog training as she helps out with training camps at the Young Kennel Club and her two daughters also enter their border collies in numerous competitions including Crufts.
Grace said: “I have had a lot of people asking me to look after their dogs and we thought it would be an ideal setting to do it in.
You may also want to watch:
“Our nursery has a beautiful setting and it’s a wonderful place for them to be well looked after and exercised.”
The new centre will be able to take up to eight dogs during the day. The owners will not be putting up any more buildings, but utilising existing buildings on site.
- 1 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 2 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 U-turn as West of England Combined Authority formally opposes Bristol Airport expansion
- 5 Duck race raises £1,000 for children's hospice
- 6 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 7 WIN: Tickets to latest James Bond film
- 8 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 9 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 10 Woodspring Women earn first ever win over Burnham United Ladies Reserves
Grace said: “We are on the main commuter route into Bristol. A lot of people have said they will drop their dogs off on the way to work or to go shopping all day.
“I’m going to do a small amount of dog training as well. I train with rewards through play and titbits.”
Grace will be offering obedience and agility training, but owners will also be able to pop in if they have a minor problem with their pooches and would like some advice.
Grace and her family have run the plant nursery at the site for 40 years and are looking forward to expanding their business. They hope to have it up and running later this year.