Dance photographer captures action shots
- Credit: Archant
A photographer from Nailsea has set up her own dance photography business to combine her two great passions.
Suzi Bird, aged 21, graduated from the University of South Wales with a degree in photography for fashion and advertising and is now a professional dance photographer.
She started dancing with Adele Stitch School of Dance at the age of three and now offers photo shoots for dancers and actors to use in their portfolios.
In her spare time she has started The Bristol Ballerina Project, capturing images of professional dancers in Bristol and the surrounding area.
Suzi told the Times: “At the moment, I am carrying out a project entitled The Bristol Ballerina in which I photograph classical dancers in and around Bristol, highlighting the great areas and diversity of the city.
“I’ve lived outside Bristol, in Nailsea, all my life, so this project is incredibly personal to me.
Suzi also has a separate business called Sunlight Photography offering photographic services for people including new baby photos, portraits and weddings.
- 1 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 2 Van destroyed by fire on busy village route
- 3 Two more leave Portishead Town Council over 'in-person' controversy
- 4 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 5 Gardens on view for Clevedon wildlife trail
- 6 New chair elected at North Somerset Council
- 7 Nailsea's Trendlewood Park needs volunteers
- 8 Plan for nine homes near tourist attraction refused
- 9 Snoopy is coming to North Somerset...
- 10 Record-breaking North Somerset AC keep on delivering success
She said: “I’m finding this very challenging yet exciting. By also combining my love of dance into this side of the business, I offer unique portraits of younger dancers that allow them to express their interests, creating fun and relevant portraits for their families.”
Find out more about Suzi’s dance photography at www.suzibird.co.uk or for portraits and wedding shots visit www.sunlightphotography.uk