Cycling for Motivation charity
- Credit: supplied
A TEAM of five cyclists from subsea engineering firm Viper Subsea will take to the hills for charity this weekend.
The team will cycle in relay non-stop from the company’s Portishead office to Land’s End and back again in aid of Cancer Research UK and Motivation, an international development charity based in Backwell, which supports people with mobility disabilities.
The team aims to complete the endurance ride of more than 440 miles within 36 hours.
Viper Subsea project manager and lead fundraiser Scott Ferrier said: “Two of us will be cycling at any one time and we are aiming for each pair to tackle around 30 miles each before handing over the reins to the next pair.
There will be no beds, no ice-creams, just cycling.” The team hopes to raise at least £2,000.
You may also want to watch:
Donations to support the team can be made at the website www.justgiving.com/teams/ViperSubsea2013
- 1 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 2 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 3 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 4 Where in North Somerset can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 5 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 6 Businesses urged to claim coronavirus grants
- 7 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 8 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 9 Airport appeal to be heard in the summer
- 10 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street