Cycling for Motivation charity
- Credit: supplied
A TEAM of five cyclists from subsea engineering firm Viper Subsea will take to the hills for charity this weekend.
The team will cycle in relay non-stop from the company’s Portishead office to Land’s End and back again in aid of Cancer Research UK and Motivation, an international development charity based in Backwell, which supports people with mobility disabilities.
The team aims to complete the endurance ride of more than 440 miles within 36 hours.
Viper Subsea project manager and lead fundraiser Scott Ferrier said: “Two of us will be cycling at any one time and we are aiming for each pair to tackle around 30 miles each before handing over the reins to the next pair.
There will be no beds, no ice-creams, just cycling.” The team hopes to raise at least £2,000.
You may also want to watch:
Donations to support the team can be made at the website www.justgiving.com/teams/ViperSubsea2013
- 1 Modern and versatile four-bedroom home
- 2 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 3 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 6 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 7 Light the Night celebration to take place in Clevedon
- 8 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Food festival returning to town this weekend