Cycling for Motivation charity
- Credit: supplied
A TEAM of five cyclists from subsea engineering firm Viper Subsea will take to the hills for charity this weekend.
The team will cycle in relay non-stop from the company’s Portishead office to Land’s End and back again in aid of Cancer Research UK and Motivation, an international development charity based in Backwell, which supports people with mobility disabilities.
The team aims to complete the endurance ride of more than 440 miles within 36 hours.
Viper Subsea project manager and lead fundraiser Scott Ferrier said: “Two of us will be cycling at any one time and we are aiming for each pair to tackle around 30 miles each before handing over the reins to the next pair.
There will be no beds, no ice-creams, just cycling.” The team hopes to raise at least £2,000.
You may also want to watch:
Donations to support the team can be made at the website www.justgiving.com/teams/ViperSubsea2013
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 5 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 6 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 7 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 8 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 9 Medal joy for North Somerset athletes at English Schools Championships
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week