Cycling for Motivation charity
- Credit: supplied
A TEAM of five cyclists from subsea engineering firm Viper Subsea will take to the hills for charity this weekend.
The team will cycle in relay non-stop from the company’s Portishead office to Land’s End and back again in aid of Cancer Research UK and Motivation, an international development charity based in Backwell, which supports people with mobility disabilities.
The team aims to complete the endurance ride of more than 440 miles within 36 hours.
Viper Subsea project manager and lead fundraiser Scott Ferrier said: “Two of us will be cycling at any one time and we are aiming for each pair to tackle around 30 miles each before handing over the reins to the next pair.
There will be no beds, no ice-creams, just cycling.” The team hopes to raise at least £2,000.
You may also want to watch:
Donations to support the team can be made at the website www.justgiving.com/teams/ViperSubsea2013
- 1 Mixed fortunes for Backwell Flax Bourton sides
- 2 Charlie Rich: Ashton & Backwell United name Rich as Stuart Jones' replacement
- 3 Suspension bridge to close for maintenance
- 4 Goff comes good in Clevedon Sailing Club's Town Plate
- 5 May 17: Pubs reopen indoors and coaches set off on first holidays
- 6 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?
- 7 May 17: Backwell pool reopens after £400k works
- 8 ‘Perfect tribute’ as Clevedon Pier named pier of the year
- 9 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 10 Vaccine does work against Indian variant, says health secretary