Cut-price way to go to the ball...
WITH the school prom season under way, two Portishead mums have launched a new business to help cut the cost of dressing to impress.
After finding out how expensive it was to dress their own teenagers for their school prom, Catherine Savory and Nikki Pinder decided to launch a business buying and selling eveningwear.
Catherine said: “It seemed crazy spending vast sums of money on dresses for our teenagers’ prom when it was a one-off event.
“So, rather than just moan about it, Nikki and I decided to do something about it to help other parents.”
The mums carried out some research and found the amount of money being spent on special dresses was a common gripe, not only with parents but also people who were buying outfits for weddings, cruises and occasional black tie events.
You may also want to watch:
Nikki added: “When we talked to people about our idea we were overwhelmed by the positive response and began planning events so that instead of special dresses and suits gathering dust at the back of wardrobes, they can be sold on.”
Catherine and Nikki now sell glamorous garments on behalf of their clients and, as agents, retain a percentage for their service.
- 1 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 3 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 4 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 5 Actress urges people to get behind hospice appeal
- 6 Business in Kenn nominated for prestigious Business Leader Awards
- 7 Nailsea runs virtual Christmas fair
- 8 Sports clubs take on festive run for hospice
- 9 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 10 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
The next glamorous garment sale will take place from 11am-3pm on Sunday at High Down Infant School, Down Road, Portishead.
To sell an item call Cath or Nikki on 07887 966635 or 07825 321141, or email them for more details on no1event@ hotmail.co.uk
n Pictured: Catherine and Nikki with Gordano School pupil Harriet at her recent Year 11 prom.