Countryside health club reveals ‘fantastic’ £350k site extension
- Credit: Jeremy Long \ JCL Photography
Staff at one of North Somerset’s largest health clubs are celebrating after a £350,000 extension was revealed to the public.
The new facility at theclub at DoubleTree by Hilton, Cadbury House includes a relaxation area, sun deck and outside sauna and hot tub.
The adults-only relaxation area is decorated with soft lighting and underfloor heating and includes both double and full-length loungers for guests to enjoy, while the outside area also offers sun loungers for guests and members looking to indulge in a spot of sunbathing.
The new area was unveiled to visitors at a launch event on February 5 and the club’s general manager, Jason Eaton, said the works were necessary due to an increase in the number of people booking spa breaks at the Congresbury club.
He said: “I am really pleased with the extension – it has been a long time coming.
You may also want to watch:
“One of the big things with this facility was the staffing as it will bring more jobs to the area (and) we’ve also had a lot of people ask over the years if we had plans to provide an outside area.
“It’s therefore great to respond to that feedback and provide what our guests and customers have been asking for.
- 1 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 2 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 3 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 4 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 5 Airport appeal to be heard in the summer
- 6 Businesses urged to claim coronavirus grants
- 7 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 8 Shop Local: Chamber of commerce urges people to utilise high street independents this weekend
- 9 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 10 Portishead building firm wins national award
“Demand for weekend spa breaks, mother and daughter pamper days, hen weekends and ongoing improvements to our facilities has resulted in the opening of this fantastic new extension.
“There is nothing quite like this in the whole of the South West and it increases the appeal of visiting or becoming a member here at Cadbury House.
“Continually improving members and guests’ experiences is what sets us apart from all the other health clubs.
“Because we are ppening at the beginning of February, it does mean we have probably got a few chilly days and nights ahead of us, so those brave enough can wander around outside, hop in the sauna or hot tub and make the most of this new area.”