Tech firm agrees move out of North Somerset village
- Credit: Archant
A technology firm has confirmed it is moving out of Yatton by the end of the year.
Costain, which creates motorway signs and CCTV systems, moved to the village in 2016 but its success meant it started looking for new offices.
It will move to Weston, where North Somerset Council is taking on a 15-year lease on office space at Weston Gateway Business Park.
The offices, called Enterprise House, have not yet been built, but it is expected 150 staff will have moved to the new business park, near junction 21 of the M5, by the end of the year.
Andrew Wyllie, Costain’s chief executive, said: “The further expansion of our technology capability through this enlarged group-wide facility, is another important step towards establishing Costain as the UK’s leading smart infrastructure company.”
You may also want to watch:
The council will receive the rental income from Costain, with the business expected to expand in the coming years.
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 3 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 4 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 5 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 6 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 7 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 8 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 9 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 10 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages