Tech firm agrees move out of North Somerset village
- Credit: Archant
A technology firm has confirmed it is moving out of Yatton by the end of the year.
Costain, which creates motorway signs and CCTV systems, moved to the village in 2016 but its success meant it started looking for new offices.
It will move to Weston, where North Somerset Council is taking on a 15-year lease on office space at Weston Gateway Business Park.
The offices, called Enterprise House, have not yet been built, but it is expected 150 staff will have moved to the new business park, near junction 21 of the M5, by the end of the year.
Andrew Wyllie, Costain’s chief executive, said: “The further expansion of our technology capability through this enlarged group-wide facility, is another important step towards establishing Costain as the UK’s leading smart infrastructure company.”
You may also want to watch:
The council will receive the rental income from Costain, with the business expected to expand in the coming years.
- 1 Where in North Somerset can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 2 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 3 Town council appeals for grit bin monitors in Portishead
- 4 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 5 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 6 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 7 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 8 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 9 Ashton & Backwell's season could "crumble" warns Jones
- 10 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features