Tech firm agrees move out of North Somerset village
- Credit: Archant
A technology firm has confirmed it is moving out of Yatton by the end of the year.
Costain, which creates motorway signs and CCTV systems, moved to the village in 2016 but its success meant it started looking for new offices.
It will move to Weston, where North Somerset Council is taking on a 15-year lease on office space at Weston Gateway Business Park.
The offices, called Enterprise House, have not yet been built, but it is expected 150 staff will have moved to the new business park, near junction 21 of the M5, by the end of the year.
Andrew Wyllie, Costain’s chief executive, said: “The further expansion of our technology capability through this enlarged group-wide facility, is another important step towards establishing Costain as the UK’s leading smart infrastructure company.”
You may also want to watch:
The council will receive the rental income from Costain, with the business expected to expand in the coming years.
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 3 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 4 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 5 Nailsea Cricket Club start senior nets for new season
- 6 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 7 Special school expansion progress
- 8 North Somerset and Somerset libraries reopen this week
- 9 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 10 Clevedon's first tournament of season is big hit