Cadbury House unveils £1.5m revamp
- Credit: Archant
An award-winning North Somerset hotel has undergone a £1.5million revamp, with dozens of rooms upgraded.
Congresbury’s Double Tree by Hilton, Cadbury House has received a cash injection as it continues its ‘commitment to guest comfort and satisfaction’, with tens of millions being invested in improving the hotel in recent years.
The costly project has seen more than 70 rooms and many of the hotel’s public spaces given a fresh lick of paint and new furniture in a bid to enhance guests’ stays.
The new-look rooms and suites comply with the hotel’s ‘signature boutique style’ which saw it named Europe’s best boutique resort in 2017 by the Luxury Travel Guide – featuring ‘elegant’ chrome finishings and artwork based on local landmarks.
Four-star Cadbury House also boasts a new reception area which features a living wall ‘in a nod to the venue’s lush green surroundings’.
You may also want to watch:
And floor-to-ceiling windows have been installed, offering ‘panoramic views across the North Somerset countryside as well as stylish interior design to make for a striking first impression’.
The investment comes after £40,000 was spent on new equipment for the Cadbury House’s gym and spa in the autumn.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 6 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 7 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 8 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 9 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 10 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
Hotel general manager Mehmet Kandemir is delighted with the refurbishment and believes guests are in for a ‘treat’.
He said: “Our latest refurbishment project to upgrade our bedrooms and some public areas is part of an ongoing programme of regeneration at the venue.
“We have become renowned for our innovative and contemporary facilities so the evolution work never ends.
“The hotel has benefitted from more than £26million in investments since its opening thanks to owner Nick Taplin, and the latest refurbishment is testament to our commitment to guest comfort and satisfaction.
“The new rooms really give the wow factor, especially our popular suites which really are stunning and offer a real treat for those visiting for special occasions.
“We are certain our guests will be impressed with the upgrades we have made.”