Competition: Rent a tent to encourage camping
- Credit: Archant
A PORTISHEAD businessman has launched a new service renting out tents to campers.
With a military background, Paul Casey has a passion for the outdoors.
He already runs Try4Fun, a company that works with charities and community groups to help raise funds by organising adrenaline-fuelled sporting events from rock climbing and abseiling to kayaking and jet skiing. But now in an attempt to get more people in the great outdoors Paul has launched a rent-a-tent service.
The 49-year-old said: “I have come across so many people who say they would like to try a camping holiday but the start up equipment is too expensive, so I have set up a business to provide a cost effective hire service. There’s no excuse for would be campers not to try it now.”
As well as tents, Paul also provides a hire service for everything else campers might need, from camp beds and sleeping bags to stoves and gas lights. And for a small fee, on sites across the South West, he can even organise the tent to be put up in time for a family’s arrival and have it taken down afterwards.
You may also want to watch:
Paul, whose business is based in Harbour Road, added: “This is camping made easy. If you get the weather you can’t beat sleeping under the stars on the British coast or in the countryside. People who haven’t tried it don’t know what they are missing and camping has to be one of the cheapest ways to take a holiday these days.”
* The Times has teamed up with Paul to offer one lucky reader the chance to win the hire of equipment a family of four would need for a week’s camping. From the tent right down to the water containers, the package is worth up to £250.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 6 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 7 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 8 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 9 PICTURES: Hot air balloons take flight over Bristol at Fiesta Fortnight launch
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
To enter the free competition simply answer this question: Where is Paul’s business based?
To enter the competition all you have to do is answer this question: What band was Noel Sullivan a part of?
Send your answer, plus your name, address, email address and a daytime telephone number, to: Rent a Tent competition, North Somerset Times, 32 Waterloo Street, Weston-super-Mare, BS23 1LW by 9am on June 26.
Usual Archant rules apply and the editor’s decision is final. By entering this competition you are agreeing to be contacted by Archant.
You can also enter by clicking on the link at the top right of this story.