Competition: Pub vouchers on offer in name vote
- Credit: supplied
CUSTOMERS of a Flax Bourton pub are being given the chance to choose a name for the venue.
The Dew Drop Inn was reopened last year after a major refurbishment and was renamed by its previous owners.
However, many customers remember the pub as the Jubilee Inn and now its owners, Brains, wants to know which of the two names is preferred.
Brains business development manager John Gleeson, said: “Since refurbishing the Dew Drop we’ve been listening to our customers, many of whom refer back to the Jubilee Inn.
“So, we’d love to know whether customers and readers would welcome a return to its previous name or favour the current pub sign.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re also planning a few layout and menu changes at the pub and are keen to know what readers would like to see before deciding on these changes.”
Readers can vote for their favourite name on the Times website and also by post, with them also being in with the chance of winning one of three £50 vouchers to spend at the Main Road pub.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 6 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 7 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 10 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
Customers can also feedback on what other changes they want to see at the pub by completing a survey at www.surveymonkey.com/s/dewdropfeedback with those taking part in with a chance of being invited to a pre-opening event in the autumn.
* To enter the competition and vote for your favourite name, simply write your preference, either The Dew Drop Inn or The Jubilee Inn, on a postcard and send it to the Dew Drop Inn competition, North Somerset Times, 32 Waterloo Street, Weston-super-Mare, Somerset, BS23 1LW along with your name, address, email address and a daytime telephone number. The deadline for entries is 9am on September 5.
You can also enter by clicking the link at the top right of this article and writing your favourite name in the answer box.
Usual Archant rules apply and the editor’s decision is final. By entering this competition you are agreeing to be contacted by Archant.
Terms and conditions:
1. Voucher only valid in the Dew Drop, Flax Bourton
2. Voucher can be redeemed against food and drink purchases at the Dew Drop
3. The prize cannot be changed, is not transferable and no alternatives are available.
4. The voucher has no monetary value.
5. Participants must be over 18.
6. Prize is one £50 voucher
7. Promoter: S.A Brain & Co Ltd, Cardiff, CF10 1SP
8. Winners will be notified by telephone or email