Community Hero Awards launched to reward kind-hearted North Somerset people
- Credit: Archant
The North Somerset Times has always been keen on celebrating the brilliance of people living in our patch and therefore we are delighted this week to launch our Community Hero scheme.
We are calling all Times readers to get nominating as we have teamed up with Teatro Lounge in Clevedon and Impero Lounge in Portishead to launch our own Community Hero Awards.
It is our way of saying a big thank you to the local unsung heroes who in the normal course of events do not make headlines and would not normally receive recognition for the part they play in community life.
Our winner could be a lollipop lady who has turned out in all winds and weathers for years or a local brownies, cubs, guides or scouts leader who is doing sterling service.
Alternatively it might be a good neighbour who regularly looks out for someone who is housebound; the list is almost endless.
You may also want to watch:
So make your nomination today and the Times and the Lounges will host a VIP lunch for your chosen hero after which a story and picture will appear in the paper
Teatro Lounge manager Daniel Hyde and Impero Lounge manager Nadya Callahan said they were delighted to partner the North Somerset Times in their monthly Community Hero Awards.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 7 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 8 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 9 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 10 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
Times editor Tom Wright added: “However much we may try, there are often times we take people’s hard work and dedication for granted.
“With the Community Hero Awards, thanks to the Lounges, here is an easy and wonderful way of telling people you appreciate their work.”
* Email who you are nominating and a short explanation why, headed Community Hero Awards, to email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your telephone number.