Club appeals for business sponsors
- Credit: supplied
A NAILSEA football club in desperate need of new facilities is appealing to local businesses to help it fund a building project.
Nailsea United Football Club wants to create a new purpose-built dressing room at its base at Grove Sports Centre in St Marys Grove at a cost of about £140,000.
The existing, temporary changing cabins players currently use are in desperate need of being replaced as they become hugely overcrowded and fall below Football Association (FA) requirements.
The club now has full planning permission for the planned new development at the ground, for which it has a 75-year lease.
However, while some of the cost will be covered by FA grant funding schemes, the club still needs to raise a significant sum itself.
You may also want to watch:
As a result, it is hoping to enlist the support of local businesses by offering them the chance to advertise pitch-side and on its website.
Club chairman Spencer Lee said: “The club must deliver the dressing rooms to ensure its long-term future and provide more than 400 adult and junior Nailsea footballers of all ages and both genders a facility to be proud of.
- 1 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 3 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 4 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 5 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 6 Actress urges people to get behind hospice appeal
- 7 Sports clubs take on festive run for hospice
- 8 Clevedon postie brightens community and raises cash for children's charity
- 9 Nailsea staff to complete 300km to feed families at Christmas
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
“We hope as many businesses as possible will really get behind this initiative and help it achieve perhaps one of the most important goals over its long, 116-year history, and one that will benefit generations of Nailsea United footballers to follow.”
Any businesses interested in advertising for £150 per year can contact Spencer on 07557 380165 or at email@example.com for more details.