Club appeals for business sponsors
- Credit: supplied
A NAILSEA football club in desperate need of new facilities is appealing to local businesses to help it fund a building project.
Nailsea United Football Club wants to create a new purpose-built dressing room at its base at Grove Sports Centre in St Marys Grove at a cost of about £140,000.
The existing, temporary changing cabins players currently use are in desperate need of being replaced as they become hugely overcrowded and fall below Football Association (FA) requirements.
The club now has full planning permission for the planned new development at the ground, for which it has a 75-year lease.
However, while some of the cost will be covered by FA grant funding schemes, the club still needs to raise a significant sum itself.
You may also want to watch:
As a result, it is hoping to enlist the support of local businesses by offering them the chance to advertise pitch-side and on its website.
Club chairman Spencer Lee said: “The club must deliver the dressing rooms to ensure its long-term future and provide more than 400 adult and junior Nailsea footballers of all ages and both genders a facility to be proud of.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 6 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend
- 7 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 8 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 9 Ashton & Backwell United announce departure of Rich
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
“We hope as many businesses as possible will really get behind this initiative and help it achieve perhaps one of the most important goals over its long, 116-year history, and one that will benefit generations of Nailsea United footballers to follow.”
Any businesses interested in advertising for £150 per year can contact Spencer on 07557 380165 or at email@example.com for more details.