Club appeals for business sponsors
- Credit: supplied
A NAILSEA football club in desperate need of new facilities is appealing to local businesses to help it fund a building project.
Nailsea United Football Club wants to create a new purpose-built dressing room at its base at Grove Sports Centre in St Marys Grove at a cost of about £140,000.
The existing, temporary changing cabins players currently use are in desperate need of being replaced as they become hugely overcrowded and fall below Football Association (FA) requirements.
The club now has full planning permission for the planned new development at the ground, for which it has a 75-year lease.
However, while some of the cost will be covered by FA grant funding schemes, the club still needs to raise a significant sum itself.
As a result, it is hoping to enlist the support of local businesses by offering them the chance to advertise pitch-side and on its website.
Club chairman Spencer Lee said: “The club must deliver the dressing rooms to ensure its long-term future and provide more than 400 adult and junior Nailsea footballers of all ages and both genders a facility to be proud of.
- 1 Monthly disco returns for people with disabilities in North Somerset
- 2 Al-fresco summer concert in Clevedon this weekend
- 3 The Hub to host open day in Portishead
- 4 CCTV image released as police hunt missing teenager Tammy
- 5 Weston MP says Number 10 has 'not been honest' over Pincher scandal
- 6 COURT RESULTS: Speeding woman, 71, banned from driving
- 7 Backwell art group to host exhibition
- 8 Help improve North Somerset's water quality with hands-on science event
- 9 Firm's new depot at Avonmouth creates 10 jobs
- 10 Glastonbury Festival 2022: Our review of the Worthy return...
“We hope as many businesses as possible will really get behind this initiative and help it achieve perhaps one of the most important goals over its long, 116-year history, and one that will benefit generations of Nailsea United footballers to follow.”
Any businesses interested in advertising for £150 per year can contact Spencer on 07557 380165 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.