Traders relaunch loyalty card to save shoppers’ cash
- Credit: Archant
A loyalty card which hopes to attract more shoppers to Clevedon’s town centre has been renewed after a successful inaugural year.
The Clevedon Triangle Traders has announced its plans to release the Clevedon Loyalty Card for a second year after selling more than 1,000 in 2017.
Dozens of businesses offered discounts and deals to the loyalty card holders which aims to draw people in to the area and encourage them to shop local.
Some businesses choose to have the same offer throughout the 12 months while others decide to give a different deal each month to appeal to the wider audience.
Traders in the Triangle and Clevedon Hill and Sea Independent Traders will be involved once again.
You may also want to watch:
Triangle Traders chairman, John Fox, said: “The first year’s card ended in September and we took time to evaluate how much demand there was for the continuation of the card.
“We have been inundated with requests to buy the card for the next year so we are reprinting in new colours for the new year and they will be on sale by the end of October.
- 1 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 2 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 3 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 4 Businesses urged to claim coronavirus grants
- 5 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 6 Airport appeal to be heard in the summer
- 7 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 8 Shop Local: Chamber of commerce urges people to utilise high street independents this weekend
- 9 How lockdown has impacted Clevedon Town
- 10 Portishead building firm wins national award
“It is all about getting people down in the town centre which is what we are trying to do.”
The business initiative is now working closely with the Clevedon Business Investment Development (BID) and will support its forthcoming events, promotions and initiatives.
It is believed the BID will take over the card operations from 2020 as both groups work to create an excellent shopping experience for residents and visitors.
Triangle Traders was launched back in 2015 as a way of promoting the area and attracting more shoppers.
Since forming, the group has helped to boost the town centre by installing planters and is now working with the BID to continue its work.
The card, which costs £1, can be bought at a number of shops in Clevedon which show the ‘loyalty’ sign in the window.
People will be able to use the cards during Clevedon’s Christmas light switch-on event in Queen’s Square on November 24.
Shops will be open and there will be stalls, live music, games and more from 1pm before the light switch-on at around 4.45-5pm.
Readers can find a list of those businesses taking part in the deal at www.clevedonbid.com/loyalty