Opticians support Jeans For Genes Day
- Credit: Specsavers
A Clevedon opticians spent the day fundraising in aid of national Jeans For Genes Day.
Specsavers staff in The Triangle ditched their uniforms in favour of their most comfortable jeans to raise cash for Genetic Disorders UK.
Store manager Emma Perrigo said: “Jeans For Genes is a great opportunity to have some fun in store and raise money for a great cause.
“We were delighted to support the wonderful work of this charity by doing something so simple.
“The community were really supportive, so we’d like to say a huge thank you to our lovely, generous and loyal customers.”
You may also want to watch:
Work places around the country got involved with the national event to raise awareness and cash for the charity.
There are more than half a million people in the UK suffering from genetic disorders and thousands of babies and children being diagnosed every day.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 3 WIN: Tickets to Cliff Richard live concert screening
- 4 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 5 North Somerset authors publish books
- 6 Nailsea & Backwell RFC v Bristol Imperial RFC LIVE BLOG
- 7 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 8 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 9 Coffee morning raises hundreds of pounds for two charities
- 10 Appeal after man injured in robbery