Opticians support Jeans For Genes Day
- Credit: Specsavers
A Clevedon opticians spent the day fundraising in aid of national Jeans For Genes Day.
Specsavers staff in The Triangle ditched their uniforms in favour of their most comfortable jeans to raise cash for Genetic Disorders UK.
Store manager Emma Perrigo said: “Jeans For Genes is a great opportunity to have some fun in store and raise money for a great cause.
“We were delighted to support the wonderful work of this charity by doing something so simple.
“The community were really supportive, so we’d like to say a huge thank you to our lovely, generous and loyal customers.”
You may also want to watch:
Work places around the country got involved with the national event to raise awareness and cash for the charity.
There are more than half a million people in the UK suffering from genetic disorders and thousands of babies and children being diagnosed every day.
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 3 Bristol Airport welcomes new testing strategy for arrivals
- 4 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 5 Leisure centre to reopen next year following repairs
- 6 Appeal for help to find missing teenager
- 7 New multi-million pound sports facility for Backwell School
- 8 Further delays for rail project
- 9 'Outstanding’ town council clerk stands down
- 10 Pubs and breweries running delivery and collection services during lockdown