Opticians support Jeans For Genes Day
- Credit: Specsavers
A Clevedon opticians spent the day fundraising in aid of national Jeans For Genes Day.
Specsavers staff in The Triangle ditched their uniforms in favour of their most comfortable jeans to raise cash for Genetic Disorders UK.
Store manager Emma Perrigo said: “Jeans For Genes is a great opportunity to have some fun in store and raise money for a great cause.
“We were delighted to support the wonderful work of this charity by doing something so simple.
“The community were really supportive, so we’d like to say a huge thank you to our lovely, generous and loyal customers.”
You may also want to watch:
Work places around the country got involved with the national event to raise awareness and cash for the charity.
There are more than half a million people in the UK suffering from genetic disorders and thousands of babies and children being diagnosed every day.
- 1 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 2 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 5 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 6 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 7 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 8 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 9 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 10 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend