Opticians support Jeans For Genes Day
- Credit: Specsavers
A Clevedon opticians spent the day fundraising in aid of national Jeans For Genes Day.
Specsavers staff in The Triangle ditched their uniforms in favour of their most comfortable jeans to raise cash for Genetic Disorders UK.
Store manager Emma Perrigo said: “Jeans For Genes is a great opportunity to have some fun in store and raise money for a great cause.
“We were delighted to support the wonderful work of this charity by doing something so simple.
“The community were really supportive, so we’d like to say a huge thank you to our lovely, generous and loyal customers.”
You may also want to watch:
Work places around the country got involved with the national event to raise awareness and cash for the charity.
There are more than half a million people in the UK suffering from genetic disorders and thousands of babies and children being diagnosed every day.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 6 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 7 Special school expansion progress
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 10 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United