Clevedon restaurant wins awards
- Credit: Archant
A Clevedon restaurant has won two awards and been nominated for more.
Puro has won the Taste of the West gold award, becoming the only restaurant in the town to achieve the feat.
The restaurant, in Hill Road, also picked up a certificate of excellence from TripAdvisor, as after two-and-a-half years it still boasts a five-star rating.
It has also been nominated for the Somerset Life Food and Drink Awards 2019 for best restaurant, alongside other finalists which are Michelin-recommended Menu Gordon Jones, in Bath, and a previous Somerset food and drinks winner, Duende in Taunton.
Puro restaurant was opened in 2017 by husband and wife Dom and Alex Lamy, who between them have more than 25 years' experience in the hospitality industry.
You may also want to watch:
Dom said: "We are a very passionate business and have built a loyal following.
"We will be pushing forward for even more awards in the near future."
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 4 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 5 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 6 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 7 Special school expansion progress
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder