Clevedon restaurant wins awards
- Credit: Archant
A Clevedon restaurant has won two awards and been nominated for more.
Puro has won the Taste of the West gold award, becoming the only restaurant in the town to achieve the feat.
The restaurant, in Hill Road, also picked up a certificate of excellence from TripAdvisor, as after two-and-a-half years it still boasts a five-star rating.
It has also been nominated for the Somerset Life Food and Drink Awards 2019 for best restaurant, alongside other finalists which are Michelin-recommended Menu Gordon Jones, in Bath, and a previous Somerset food and drinks winner, Duende in Taunton.
Puro restaurant was opened in 2017 by husband and wife Dom and Alex Lamy, who between them have more than 25 years' experience in the hospitality industry.
You may also want to watch:
Dom said: "We are a very passionate business and have built a loyal following.
"We will be pushing forward for even more awards in the near future."
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 6 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 7 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 8 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 9 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week