Clevedon restaurant wins awards
- Credit: Archant
A Clevedon restaurant has won two awards and been nominated for more.
Puro has won the Taste of the West gold award, becoming the only restaurant in the town to achieve the feat.
The restaurant, in Hill Road, also picked up a certificate of excellence from TripAdvisor, as after two-and-a-half years it still boasts a five-star rating.
It has also been nominated for the Somerset Life Food and Drink Awards 2019 for best restaurant, alongside other finalists which are Michelin-recommended Menu Gordon Jones, in Bath, and a previous Somerset food and drinks winner, Duende in Taunton.
Puro restaurant was opened in 2017 by husband and wife Dom and Alex Lamy, who between them have more than 25 years' experience in the hospitality industry.
You may also want to watch:
Dom said: "We are a very passionate business and have built a loyal following.
"We will be pushing forward for even more awards in the near future."
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 3 Bristol Airport welcomes new testing strategy for arrivals
- 4 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 5 Leisure centre to reopen next year following repairs
- 6 Appeal for help to find missing teenager
- 7 New multi-million pound sports facility for Backwell School
- 8 Further delays for rail project
- 9 'Outstanding’ town council clerk stands down
- 10 Pubs and breweries running delivery and collection services during lockdown