Staff from Clevedon rest home up for national care award
- Credit: Archant
Nurses from a Clevedon care home have made it to the finals of the National British Care Awards.
Staff from Winash Rest Home, in Albert Road, won the residential and nursing team award from Care and Support West.
Due to their success, the dedicated staff have been entered into the finals of the national awards, which will be announced in March next year.
Managers Heather House and Natasha Chapman are overjoyed at the recognition of the team which includes juniors, cleaners, catering staff, activities and administration workers and care staff.
They said: "Their hard work and dedication makes a difference to the people we care for and ensures Winash is a friendly, family orientated, fun and caring place to work.
You may also want to watch:
"Our team is hand-picked, trained to the highest standard, respected and empowered.
"This is what makes us great."
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 How a Nailsea care home weathered the Covid-19 storm
- 3 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 4 Nursery birthday parties provide normality to children in lockdown
- 5 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 6 Clevedon School thanks NHS with giant light display
- 7 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 8 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 9 Chamber of commerce set to adopt name change
- 10 Portishead Town's Trueman cancer diagnosis prompts £50,000 fundraising initiative