Claire named top home worker
- Credit: Archant
A PORTISHEAD travel agent has been named Home Worker of the Year by a national organisation.
Claire Body beat off 600 entrants to pick up the prestigious title, which she was presented with at the Travel Weekly Agent Achievement Awards, held at London’s Lancaster Hotel last month.
The mum-of-two launched her home-based travel business in the Village Quarter in November 2011 and became a member of Independent Travel Experts (ITE).
Her entry was unanimously voted the winner from a shortlist of five, with the judges picking out her motivation and tenacity in building a business of great potential in such a short period of time as particular achievements.
Claire’s high levels of customer service were also recognised, as was her ability to embrace every opportunity presented to promote her brand.
You may also want to watch:
Claire said: “I was completely overwhelmed to hear my name called out as the winner of the home worker of the year category but it is lovely to get recognition for all that hard work.”
- 1 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 2 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 3 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 4 Where in North Somerset can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 5 Businesses urged to claim coronavirus grants
- 6 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 7 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 8 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 9 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 10 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star