Claire named top home worker
- Credit: Archant
A PORTISHEAD travel agent has been named Home Worker of the Year by a national organisation.
Claire Body beat off 600 entrants to pick up the prestigious title, which she was presented with at the Travel Weekly Agent Achievement Awards, held at London’s Lancaster Hotel last month.
The mum-of-two launched her home-based travel business in the Village Quarter in November 2011 and became a member of Independent Travel Experts (ITE).
Her entry was unanimously voted the winner from a shortlist of five, with the judges picking out her motivation and tenacity in building a business of great potential in such a short period of time as particular achievements.
Claire’s high levels of customer service were also recognised, as was her ability to embrace every opportunity presented to promote her brand.
You may also want to watch:
Claire said: “I was completely overwhelmed to hear my name called out as the winner of the home worker of the year category but it is lovely to get recognition for all that hard work.”
- 1 Mixed fortunes for Backwell Flax Bourton sides
- 2 Charlie Rich: Ashton & Backwell United name Rich as Stuart Jones' replacement
- 3 Suspension bridge to close for maintenance
- 4 May 17: Pubs reopen indoors and coaches set off on first holidays
- 5 Goff comes good in Clevedon Sailing Club's Town Plate
- 6 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?
- 7 May 17: Backwell pool reopens after £400k works
- 8 ‘Perfect tribute’ as Clevedon Pier named pier of the year
- 9 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 10 Vaccine does work against Indian variant, says health secretary