Barley Wood Orchard cider barn opens in Wrington
- Credit: Barley Wood Orchard
People can now visit a cider barn at Barley Wood’s Walled Garden in Wrington during the summer months.
Husband and wife duo Mike and Isy Atkins opened the cider barn last month and now make their product in the same place their apple orchards are based.
Barley Wood Orchard launched two years ago and use 60 varieties of apple to make the brand’s cider.
The walled garden is also home to art studios, an organic vegetable plot and The Ethicurean restaurant.
Co-owner Mike said: “We’ve always appreciated the beautiful setting of our cider barn in the walled garden, so we’re excited to now be able to share it.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re also planning some events as well, including cider tasting, and an apple day to invite the community to involved with juicing the fruit in the autumn.”
The cider barn will be open from noon to 8pm every Saturday afternoon until September.
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 How a Nailsea care home weathered the Covid-19 storm
- 3 Nursery birthday parties provide normality to children in lockdown
- 4 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 5 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 6 Clevedon School thanks NHS with giant light display
- 7 Chamber of commerce set to adopt name change
- 8 Wrington store nominated for best in South West
- 9 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 10 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset