Barley Wood Orchard cider barn opens in Wrington
- Credit: Barley Wood Orchard
People can now visit a cider barn at Barley Wood’s Walled Garden in Wrington during the summer months.
Husband and wife duo Mike and Isy Atkins opened the cider barn last month and now make their product in the same place their apple orchards are based.
Barley Wood Orchard launched two years ago and use 60 varieties of apple to make the brand’s cider.
The walled garden is also home to art studios, an organic vegetable plot and The Ethicurean restaurant.
Co-owner Mike said: “We’ve always appreciated the beautiful setting of our cider barn in the walled garden, so we’re excited to now be able to share it.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re also planning some events as well, including cider tasting, and an apple day to invite the community to involved with juicing the fruit in the autumn.”
The cider barn will be open from noon to 8pm every Saturday afternoon until September.
- 1 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 2 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 3 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 4 Charity gains national recognition at awards
- 5 Care home enjoys visit from donkey
- 6 The Subways to perform at Bristol O2 Academy
- 7 Earthfare celebrates launch in Portishead
- 8 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 9 Highland calf born for first time in five years at zoo
- 10 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village