Christine gains gold award
- Credit: Archant
A WEIGHT loss consultant from Yatton has been rewarded for her efforts helping more than 200 people achieve their goals.
Christine Thorpe, who runs Slimming World groups in Nailsea, has been awarded gold status by the company in recognition of her success in supporting her clients.
The accolade is given to consultants who consistently have 100 or more members in their groups over several months who return each week.
Achieving this puts Christine, aged 54, of The Eagles, Yatton, in the top five per cent of the organisation’s 3,500 consultants.
Christine runs four weekly sessions at Nailsea’s Scotch Horn Leisure Centre and has been a consultant since March 2011.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I absolutely love my job, I’m passionate about helping people to transform their lives by losing weight and seeing them succeed is reward enough but being given this recognition for the whole group really is the icing of the cake.”
- 1 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 2 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 3 Exceptional house with grounds, countryside views and outbuildings
- 4 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 5 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 6 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 7 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 8 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 9 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 10 'Amazing atmosphere' at return of Clevedon Parkrun