Christine gains gold award
- Credit: Archant
A WEIGHT loss consultant from Yatton has been rewarded for her efforts helping more than 200 people achieve their goals.
Christine Thorpe, who runs Slimming World groups in Nailsea, has been awarded gold status by the company in recognition of her success in supporting her clients.
The accolade is given to consultants who consistently have 100 or more members in their groups over several months who return each week.
Achieving this puts Christine, aged 54, of The Eagles, Yatton, in the top five per cent of the organisation’s 3,500 consultants.
Christine runs four weekly sessions at Nailsea’s Scotch Horn Leisure Centre and has been a consultant since March 2011.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I absolutely love my job, I’m passionate about helping people to transform their lives by losing weight and seeing them succeed is reward enough but being given this recognition for the whole group really is the icing of the cake.”
- 1 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 2 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 3 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 4 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 5 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 6 How to order free Covid home tests
- 7 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 10 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema