Councillor named Clevedon BID director
- Credit: North Somerset Council
North Somerset councillor Chris Blades has been appointed to Clevedon Business Improvement District (BID).
Cllr Blades, North Somerset Council’s representative for Clevedon, will sit on the steering group of the BID, which was formed in the summer and hopes to boost business and footfall in the town.
The BID is working on a number of projects, including the installation of information kiosks in the town centre and a brown tourism sign on the M5.
The decision was agreed by the council at its meeting on September 25 at Weston Town Hall.
The authority’s leader, Nigel Ashton, told councillors he is confident the BID will have a positive impact on business in Clevedon.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Having been involved in this project to have a BID in Clevedon, I’m convinced it is going to be very proactive and very enthusiastic.”
- 1 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 2 Exceptional house with grounds, countryside views and outbuildings
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 4 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 5 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 8 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 9 Charity launches cream tea fundraiser
- 10 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom