Chocs away... couple’s new factory off to a flyer
- Credit: Archant
NAILSEA’S first chocolate factory has been opened by husband and wife team Ruth and Ian Yard.
The pair have set up Ooh! Chocolata on the Southfield Road Trading Estate and are already selling their sweet treats in 14 shops across North Somerset.
The couple hope to put Nailsea on the confectionary map with their new business, which they hope to grow over the coming months.
Ruth said: “At the moment we are doing everything, from manufacturing and marketing to selling.
“But our first employee starts tomorrow, which will hopefully be the first of a few over the next 12 months.
You may also want to watch:
“We are desperately excited about our new business. We want to put Nailsea on the confectionary map and we’re delighted with how well it’s been going so far.”
Ooh! Chocolata comes in 10 flavours and two different sizes.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 5 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 6 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 7 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 8 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 9 Medal joy for North Somerset athletes at English Schools Championships
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
Any retailers interested in stocking the chocolate bars or any customers who would like their local shop to sell the treats can contact Ruth and Ian through their website at www.loveooh.co.uk