Chocs away... couple’s new factory off to a flyer
- Credit: Archant
NAILSEA’S first chocolate factory has been opened by husband and wife team Ruth and Ian Yard.
The pair have set up Ooh! Chocolata on the Southfield Road Trading Estate and are already selling their sweet treats in 14 shops across North Somerset.
The couple hope to put Nailsea on the confectionary map with their new business, which they hope to grow over the coming months.
Ruth said: “At the moment we are doing everything, from manufacturing and marketing to selling.
“But our first employee starts tomorrow, which will hopefully be the first of a few over the next 12 months.
You may also want to watch:
“We are desperately excited about our new business. We want to put Nailsea on the confectionary map and we’re delighted with how well it’s been going so far.”
Ooh! Chocolata comes in 10 flavours and two different sizes.
- 1 Mixed fortunes for Backwell Flax Bourton sides
- 2 Charlie Rich: Ashton & Backwell United name Rich as Stuart Jones' replacement
- 3 Suspension bridge to close for maintenance
- 4 Goff comes good in Clevedon Sailing Club's Town Plate
- 5 May 17: Pubs reopen indoors and coaches set off on first holidays
- 6 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?
- 7 May 17: Backwell pool reopens after £400k works
- 8 ‘Perfect tribute’ as Clevedon Pier named pier of the year
- 9 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 10 Vaccine does work against Indian variant, says health secretary
Any retailers interested in stocking the chocolate bars or any customers who would like their local shop to sell the treats can contact Ruth and Ian through their website at www.loveooh.co.uk