Chocs away... couple’s new factory off to a flyer
- Credit: Archant
NAILSEA’S first chocolate factory has been opened by husband and wife team Ruth and Ian Yard.
The pair have set up Ooh! Chocolata on the Southfield Road Trading Estate and are already selling their sweet treats in 14 shops across North Somerset.
The couple hope to put Nailsea on the confectionary map with their new business, which they hope to grow over the coming months.
Ruth said: “At the moment we are doing everything, from manufacturing and marketing to selling.
“But our first employee starts tomorrow, which will hopefully be the first of a few over the next 12 months.
“We are desperately excited about our new business. We want to put Nailsea on the confectionary map and we’re delighted with how well it’s been going so far.”
Ooh! Chocolata comes in 10 flavours and two different sizes.
- 1 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 2 New store sign among latest planning applications
- 3 Volunteers needed to welcome Ukrainian refugees
- 4 Nailsea & Tickenham toast confirmation of Western League spot
- 5 Stunning century sees Barrow Gurney II secure unlikely win
- 6 West of England mayor back anti-expansion airport protestors
- 7 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 8 Artists work on show at exhibition in Congresbury this weekend
- 9 WIN! Tickets to George Michael Freedom Uncut at the Curzon
- 10 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
Any retailers interested in stocking the chocolate bars or any customers who would like their local shop to sell the treats can contact Ruth and Ian through their website at www.loveooh.co.uk