Chocs away... couple’s new factory off to a flyer
- Credit: Archant
NAILSEA’S first chocolate factory has been opened by husband and wife team Ruth and Ian Yard.
The pair have set up Ooh! Chocolata on the Southfield Road Trading Estate and are already selling their sweet treats in 14 shops across North Somerset.
The couple hope to put Nailsea on the confectionary map with their new business, which they hope to grow over the coming months.
Ruth said: “At the moment we are doing everything, from manufacturing and marketing to selling.
“But our first employee starts tomorrow, which will hopefully be the first of a few over the next 12 months.
You may also want to watch:
“We are desperately excited about our new business. We want to put Nailsea on the confectionary map and we’re delighted with how well it’s been going so far.”
Ooh! Chocolata comes in 10 flavours and two different sizes.
- 1 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 2 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 3 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 4 Businesses urged to claim coronavirus grants
- 5 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 6 Where in North Somerset can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 7 Airport appeal to be heard in the summer
- 8 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 9 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 10 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
Any retailers interested in stocking the chocolate bars or any customers who would like their local shop to sell the treats can contact Ruth and Ian through their website at www.loveooh.co.uk