Chocs away... couple’s new factory off to a flyer
- Credit: Archant
NAILSEA’S first chocolate factory has been opened by husband and wife team Ruth and Ian Yard.
The pair have set up Ooh! Chocolata on the Southfield Road Trading Estate and are already selling their sweet treats in 14 shops across North Somerset.
The couple hope to put Nailsea on the confectionary map with their new business, which they hope to grow over the coming months.
Ruth said: “At the moment we are doing everything, from manufacturing and marketing to selling.
“But our first employee starts tomorrow, which will hopefully be the first of a few over the next 12 months.
You may also want to watch:
“We are desperately excited about our new business. We want to put Nailsea on the confectionary map and we’re delighted with how well it’s been going so far.”
Ooh! Chocolata comes in 10 flavours and two different sizes.
- 1 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 2 Light the Night celebration to take place in Clevedon
- 3 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 4 Food festival returning to town this weekend
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 Modern and versatile four-bedroom home
- 7 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 8 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
Any retailers interested in stocking the chocolate bars or any customers who would like their local shop to sell the treats can contact Ruth and Ian through their website at www.loveooh.co.uk