Children’s clothes ast Ethel’s Case
- Credit: Archant
PARENTS wishing to sell their children’s outgrown clothes can now do so at a new Clevedon shop.
Ethel’s Case in Old Church Road has been set by Diana Zikking and offers a range of clothes and accessories for children aged four to 13.
The shop sells brand new items as well as clothing brought in by parents, for which the sale price is split between the shop and the seller.
The venture is a return to retail for 41-year-old Diana following a 10-year stint as a solicitor’s agent. Before, that she worked for numerous national and local retailers including John Lewis and Asda.
The mum-of-two said: “I’ve been working on preliminary ideas and business plans for a few years now but always been stuck for a name.
You may also want to watch:
“The discovery that my Gran, whose middle name was Ethel, used to sell secondhand children’s clothing from a suitcase in the east end of London as a child, gave me the inspiration for a name. I think she would have been chuffed to pieces to have the shop named after her.
“Ethel’s Case opened for business on October 19 and I’ve had a really positive response
- 1 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 2 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 3 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 4 Businesses urged to claim coronavirus grants
- 5 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 6 Where in North Somerset can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 7 Airport appeal to be heard in the summer
- 8 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 9 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 10 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
“Customers are very supportive, commenting that The Triangle desperately needed somewhere for children.
“I’ve also been thanked for filling one of the numerous empty shops in town.”
Anyone wishing to sell children’s clothes through Ethel’s Case can find out more by popping into the shop at 13 Old Church Road or by calling 01275 340516.