Children’s clothes ast Ethel’s Case
- Credit: Archant
PARENTS wishing to sell their children’s outgrown clothes can now do so at a new Clevedon shop.
Ethel’s Case in Old Church Road has been set by Diana Zikking and offers a range of clothes and accessories for children aged four to 13.
The shop sells brand new items as well as clothing brought in by parents, for which the sale price is split between the shop and the seller.
The venture is a return to retail for 41-year-old Diana following a 10-year stint as a solicitor’s agent. Before, that she worked for numerous national and local retailers including John Lewis and Asda.
The mum-of-two said: “I’ve been working on preliminary ideas and business plans for a few years now but always been stuck for a name.
“The discovery that my Gran, whose middle name was Ethel, used to sell secondhand children’s clothing from a suitcase in the east end of London as a child, gave me the inspiration for a name. I think she would have been chuffed to pieces to have the shop named after her.
“Ethel’s Case opened for business on October 19 and I’ve had a really positive response
- 1 North Somerset flytipper pays £1,600 after dumping bathtub
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 4 Superb, high-spec house in a Nailsea hotspot
- 5 Clevedon Choral back after 18 month hiatus caused by pandemic
- 6 Construction finally begins for special educational needs school
- 7 Clevedon Library to close for THREE MONTHS for major refurb
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 10 Two more leave Portishead Town Council over 'in-person' controversy
“Customers are very supportive, commenting that The Triangle desperately needed somewhere for children.
“I’ve also been thanked for filling one of the numerous empty shops in town.”
Anyone wishing to sell children’s clothes through Ethel’s Case can find out more by popping into the shop at 13 Old Church Road or by calling 01275 340516.