Charity’s £50 challenge
- Credit: Archant
A CHILDREN’S charity is handing out money to businesses in the hope of raising more cash toward its work.
The Children’s Hospice South West £50 challenge sees companies given the money which they are then tasked with investing and building on over three months.
The money raised will help fund the work the charity carries out at its three hospices, including Charlton Farm in Wraxall.
Now, businesses are being encouraged to sign up for the challenge which is being backed by entrepreneur and star of the Dragons’ Den TV series, Deborah Meaden.
She said: “It is easy when times get hard to just worry about business on a day to day basis and look inward.
You may also want to watch:
“Engaging with the community is so important for companies to look outward and do some real good.”
Anyone interested in taking part can find out more online at www.chsw.org.uk/the50challenge where they can also download a registration pack.
- 1 Contemporary living with lovely estuary views
- 2 Changes to North Somerset Council’s executive team announced
- 3 Key workers awarded for their dedication during pandemic
- 4 Creation of 'flimsy' roles at £7,000 is 'indefensible', says North Somerset councillor
- 5 April 12: Air ambulance charity has busiest week on record
- 6 How to order free Covid home tests
- 7 Call for new system to help people with addictions and mental health issues
- 8 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 9 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 10 Lord-Lieutenant unveils memorial to commemorate village war dead