Chamber elects new president
PORTISHEAD Chamber of Commerce has seen its first ever female president elected.
Carole Jackson was voted president by members of the chamber at the organisation’s AGM last week.
The business coach is passionate about Portishead and moved to the town a year ago when she fell in love with the area after just one visit.
Ms Jackson said: “Portishead is a very special place and as president of the town’s Chamber of Commerce I will support and encourage all pro-active businesses with any projects they decide to move forward.”
Around 50 people attended the meeting during which a brainstorming session took place. Members who did not attend have also been asked to put forward ideas, before a list of projects is drawn up and project managers put in place.
You may also want to watch:
All local businesses can join the Portishead Chamber of Commerce and are invited to do so for an annual membership of �30. The group holds regular business breakfasts, business surgeries and networking opportunities. It is also pro-active in supporting a shop locally campaign, it co-ordinates a shoplifting alert scheme and supports the wider community by way of donations to good causes.
For more details visit www.portisheadchamber.co.uk
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 7 Special school expansion progress
- 8 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 9 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 10 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week