Carpenter’s reclaimed wood furniture
A CARPENTER from Nailsea has opened up his own workshop selling furniture made from reclaimed wood.
David Mildon set up Love Wood so he can help to care for his severely autistic daughter and works out of the former Roundtrees Garden Centre in Tickenham.
The 39-year-old said: “My daughter is autistic and only sleeps about two-three hours at a time. I couldn’t have a normal job because I’m up with her most nights.
“I wanted to do something, so we hired The Blue Room for a month in September and I built some things and it just went really well, I sold nearly everything.
“I made a four poster bed, a couple of tables, a bench, a book case and coffee tables.
You may also want to watch:
“I use different woods I find lying around on farms or reclamation yard and I even found some on Clevedon beach.”
David and his wife Sam are also artists and David’s landscapes and Sam’s abstract art are also on sale at the workshop.
- 1 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 2 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 5 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 6 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 7 FA publish updated grassroots football guidance
- 8 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp
- 9 Best scenic dog walks in North Somerset and Somerset
- 10 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
David said: “We always carry some form of stock but people can come along and have a look and ask for something to be built.”
To view the art work and furniture in the workshop you can book an appointment by emailing email@example.com or calling 07544 768101.