Carpenter’s reclaimed wood furniture
A CARPENTER from Nailsea has opened up his own workshop selling furniture made from reclaimed wood.
David Mildon set up Love Wood so he can help to care for his severely autistic daughter and works out of the former Roundtrees Garden Centre in Tickenham.
The 39-year-old said: “My daughter is autistic and only sleeps about two-three hours at a time. I couldn’t have a normal job because I’m up with her most nights.
“I wanted to do something, so we hired The Blue Room for a month in September and I built some things and it just went really well, I sold nearly everything.
“I made a four poster bed, a couple of tables, a bench, a book case and coffee tables.
“I use different woods I find lying around on farms or reclamation yard and I even found some on Clevedon beach.”
David and his wife Sam are also artists and David’s landscapes and Sam’s abstract art are also on sale at the workshop.
- 1 'Historic' Down Syndrome bill set to become law
- 2 How a family-run funeral directors can help to provide peace of mind
- 3 Man completely covers his house with festive lights to 'spread Christmas cheer'
- 4 Three-day Christmas market coming to North Somerset
- 5 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 6 Clevedon family braves cold water challenge in memory of grandad
- 7 Christmas lights to be switched on in Clevedon this weekend
- 8 Environmental groups accused for Portishead rail delay
- 9 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 10 Nightclub conversion approved
David said: “We always carry some form of stock but people can come along and have a look and ask for something to be built.”
To view the art work and furniture in the workshop you can book an appointment by emailing email@example.com or calling 07544 768101.