Carpenter’s reclaimed wood furniture
A CARPENTER from Nailsea has opened up his own workshop selling furniture made from reclaimed wood.
David Mildon set up Love Wood so he can help to care for his severely autistic daughter and works out of the former Roundtrees Garden Centre in Tickenham.
The 39-year-old said: “My daughter is autistic and only sleeps about two-three hours at a time. I couldn’t have a normal job because I’m up with her most nights.
“I wanted to do something, so we hired The Blue Room for a month in September and I built some things and it just went really well, I sold nearly everything.
“I made a four poster bed, a couple of tables, a bench, a book case and coffee tables.
You may also want to watch:
“I use different woods I find lying around on farms or reclamation yard and I even found some on Clevedon beach.”
David and his wife Sam are also artists and David’s landscapes and Sam’s abstract art are also on sale at the workshop.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 EE switches on super-fast 5G in Portishead
- 3 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 4 Portishead garden protected from development
- 5 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 6 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 7 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 8 Clevedon re-sign former wicketkeeper Will Plummer from Weston ahead of 2021 season
- 9 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 10 Clevedon woman's life saved by local 'heroes' after fall
David said: “We always carry some form of stock but people can come along and have a look and ask for something to be built.”
To view the art work and furniture in the workshop you can book an appointment by emailing email@example.com or calling 07544 768101.