Carpenter’s reclaimed wood furniture
A CARPENTER from Nailsea has opened up his own workshop selling furniture made from reclaimed wood.
David Mildon set up Love Wood so he can help to care for his severely autistic daughter and works out of the former Roundtrees Garden Centre in Tickenham.
The 39-year-old said: “My daughter is autistic and only sleeps about two-three hours at a time. I couldn’t have a normal job because I’m up with her most nights.
“I wanted to do something, so we hired The Blue Room for a month in September and I built some things and it just went really well, I sold nearly everything.
“I made a four poster bed, a couple of tables, a bench, a book case and coffee tables.
“I use different woods I find lying around on farms or reclamation yard and I even found some on Clevedon beach.”
David and his wife Sam are also artists and David’s landscapes and Sam’s abstract art are also on sale at the workshop.
- 1 Superb, high-spec house in a Nailsea hotspot
- 2 North Somerset flytipper pays £1,600 after dumping bathtub
- 3 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 Clevedon Choral back after 18 month hiatus caused by pandemic
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Construction finally begins for special educational needs school
- 8 Clevedon Library to close for THREE MONTHS for major refurb
- 9 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 10 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
David said: “We always carry some form of stock but people can come along and have a look and ask for something to be built.”
To view the art work and furniture in the workshop you can book an appointment by emailing email@example.com or calling 07544 768101.