Cards for all occasions
A NEW card and gift shop is opening up in Portishead this month.
Retired policeman Nigel Cossham and friend Chris Bryant, who has worked in the greetings card industry for more than 35 years, have gone into business together.
The pair are opening up The Card Shop in the town’s High Street and are looking forward to serving the people of Portishead.
Nigel, aged 49, who has lived in Portishead for 24 years, said: “We noticed a gap in the market when the previous card shop closed.
“We felt that although some people do sell cards there’s not a wide variety for all the different occasions. Chris suggested we could open up our own shop so we looked into it and it’s just grown from there.
You may also want to watch:
“We will also be selling small gifts as well and we are hoping to support local card-makers.
“We are looking forward to opening up. It will be a new challenge and we are just hopeful we are going to be able to offer a good service to the people of Portishead.”
- 1 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 2 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 3 Shop Local: Chamber of commerce urges people to utilise high street independents this weekend
- 4 First year success for racing superstar Trevorrow
- 5 Clevedon carer raises more than £1,600 with charity head shave
- 6 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 7 School girls creates Christmas cards for charity
- 8 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 9 Support Portishead and Nailsea Lions clubs with Santa Float collections this December
- 10 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
Any card-makers from the North Somerset area are welcome to pop in to have a chat with Nigel or Chris.