Cards for all occasions
A NEW card and gift shop is opening up in Portishead this month.
Retired policeman Nigel Cossham and friend Chris Bryant, who has worked in the greetings card industry for more than 35 years, have gone into business together.
The pair are opening up The Card Shop in the town’s High Street and are looking forward to serving the people of Portishead.
Nigel, aged 49, who has lived in Portishead for 24 years, said: “We noticed a gap in the market when the previous card shop closed.
“We felt that although some people do sell cards there’s not a wide variety for all the different occasions. Chris suggested we could open up our own shop so we looked into it and it’s just grown from there.
You may also want to watch:
“We will also be selling small gifts as well and we are hoping to support local card-makers.
“We are looking forward to opening up. It will be a new challenge and we are just hopeful we are going to be able to offer a good service to the people of Portishead.”
- 1 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 2 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 U-turn as West of England Combined Authority formally opposes Bristol Airport expansion
- 5 Duck race raises £1,000 for children's hospice
- 6 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 7 WIN: Tickets to latest James Bond film
- 8 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 9 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 10 Pupils beat parents in school fun run
Any card-makers from the North Somerset area are welcome to pop in to have a chat with Nigel or Chris.