Cards for all occasions
A NEW card and gift shop is opening up in Portishead this month.
Retired policeman Nigel Cossham and friend Chris Bryant, who has worked in the greetings card industry for more than 35 years, have gone into business together.
The pair are opening up The Card Shop in the town’s High Street and are looking forward to serving the people of Portishead.
Nigel, aged 49, who has lived in Portishead for 24 years, said: “We noticed a gap in the market when the previous card shop closed.
“We felt that although some people do sell cards there’s not a wide variety for all the different occasions. Chris suggested we could open up our own shop so we looked into it and it’s just grown from there.
You may also want to watch:
“We will also be selling small gifts as well and we are hoping to support local card-makers.
“We are looking forward to opening up. It will be a new challenge and we are just hopeful we are going to be able to offer a good service to the people of Portishead.”
- 1 Contemporary living with lovely estuary views
- 2 Key workers awarded for their dedication during pandemic
- 3 Changes to North Somerset Council’s executive team announced
- 4 Creation of 'flimsy' roles at £7,000 is 'indefensible', says North Somerset councillor
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 April 12: Air ambulance charity has busiest week on record
- 7 Call for new system to help people with addictions and mental health issues
- 8 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 9 Lord-Lieutenant unveils memorial to commemorate village war dead
- 10 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
Any card-makers from the North Somerset area are welcome to pop in to have a chat with Nigel or Chris.