People are being encouraged to start saving for Christmas
- Credit: Archant
With less than six months to go until Christmas, people are being encouraged to start saving.
With fewer than six months to go until Christmas, people are already being encouraged to start saving.
Citizens Advice North Somerset (CANS) is offering simple tips to avoid debt during the festive period.
CANS said it is easy to overspend and there are pressures to buy expensive gifts but these tips may help you avoid falling into debt.
*Make a list of who you are buying for, and if the list is too long, you might want to reconsider whether a gift for everyone is necessary.
You may also want to watch:
*Have a reasonable budget for each gift.
*Take into consideration any other costs you might be faced with and do not forget everyday bills that need to be paid.
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 4 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 5 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 6 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 7 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 8 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 9 Restricting more flights from airport would have 'profound implications for society', says lawyer
- 10 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
*Plan your savings - divide your spend by five to work out how much you need to save from now until Christmas.
*Keep your christmas savings separate so you will not be tempted to spend it.
For more tips, contact CANS on 03444 111444.