People are being encouraged to start saving for Christmas
- Credit: Archant
With less than six months to go until Christmas, people are being encouraged to start saving.
With fewer than six months to go until Christmas, people are already being encouraged to start saving.
Citizens Advice North Somerset (CANS) is offering simple tips to avoid debt during the festive period.
CANS said it is easy to overspend and there are pressures to buy expensive gifts but these tips may help you avoid falling into debt.
*Make a list of who you are buying for, and if the list is too long, you might want to reconsider whether a gift for everyone is necessary.
You may also want to watch:
*Have a reasonable budget for each gift.
*Take into consideration any other costs you might be faced with and do not forget everyday bills that need to be paid.
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 4 Leisure centre to reopen next year following repairs
- 5 Pubs and breweries running delivery and collection services during lockdown
- 6 'Outstanding’ town council clerk stands down
- 7 Further delays for rail project
- 8 Shop Local: Popular fruit and veg specialist launches new website
- 9 Appeal for help to find missing teenager
- 10 New multi-million pound sports facility for Backwell School
*Plan your savings - divide your spend by five to work out how much you need to save from now until Christmas.
*Keep your christmas savings separate so you will not be tempted to spend it.
For more tips, contact CANS on 03444 111444.