People are being encouraged to start saving for Christmas
- Credit: Archant
With less than six months to go until Christmas, people are being encouraged to start saving.
With fewer than six months to go until Christmas, people are already being encouraged to start saving.
Citizens Advice North Somerset (CANS) is offering simple tips to avoid debt during the festive period.
CANS said it is easy to overspend and there are pressures to buy expensive gifts but these tips may help you avoid falling into debt.
*Make a list of who you are buying for, and if the list is too long, you might want to reconsider whether a gift for everyone is necessary.
You may also want to watch:
*Have a reasonable budget for each gift.
*Take into consideration any other costs you might be faced with and do not forget everyday bills that need to be paid.
- 1 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 2 PICTURES: Lions charity surprises Clevedon residents
- 3 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 6 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 7 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 8 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 9 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 10 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
*Plan your savings - divide your spend by five to work out how much you need to save from now until Christmas.
*Keep your christmas savings separate so you will not be tempted to spend it.
For more tips, contact CANS on 03444 111444.