People are being encouraged to start saving for Christmas
- Credit: Archant
With less than six months to go until Christmas, people are being encouraged to start saving.
With fewer than six months to go until Christmas, people are already being encouraged to start saving.
Citizens Advice North Somerset (CANS) is offering simple tips to avoid debt during the festive period.
CANS said it is easy to overspend and there are pressures to buy expensive gifts but these tips may help you avoid falling into debt.
*Make a list of who you are buying for, and if the list is too long, you might want to reconsider whether a gift for everyone is necessary.
You may also want to watch:
*Have a reasonable budget for each gift.
*Take into consideration any other costs you might be faced with and do not forget everyday bills that need to be paid.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 6 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 7 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 10 Parents praise nurseries and childminders for support during pandemic
*Plan your savings - divide your spend by five to work out how much you need to save from now until Christmas.
*Keep your christmas savings separate so you will not be tempted to spend it.
For more tips, contact CANS on 03444 111444.