Can you help charity Za?
ORGANISERS of a Portishead-based charity are looking for a potential retailer to take over their shop lease off after being let down in the 11th hour.
Za is a youth in action charity which is helping to sustain a generation of vulnerable and orphaned children in South Africa.
Its founder,Jayne Morris-Thurgood, formerly ran the not-for-profit shop Bella Natura in High Street to support the project.
However, with the expansion of the charitable work undertaken and the time constraints following the formal registration of the charity, the decision was made to close Bella Natura.
After several months of negotiations with a company who were keen to have the lease re-assigned to them, they pulled out at the last minute leaving the charity high and dry.
You may also want to watch:
Jayne is now urgently looking for someone else to take on the lease. She can be contacted directly on 07976 666019.
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 4 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 5 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 6 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 7 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 8 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 9 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 10 Legal action starts to remove Portishead traveller camp