Can you help charity Za?
ORGANISERS of a Portishead-based charity are looking for a potential retailer to take over their shop lease off after being let down in the 11th hour.
Za is a youth in action charity which is helping to sustain a generation of vulnerable and orphaned children in South Africa.
Its founder,Jayne Morris-Thurgood, formerly ran the not-for-profit shop Bella Natura in High Street to support the project.
However, with the expansion of the charitable work undertaken and the time constraints following the formal registration of the charity, the decision was made to close Bella Natura.
After several months of negotiations with a company who were keen to have the lease re-assigned to them, they pulled out at the last minute leaving the charity high and dry.
You may also want to watch:
Jayne is now urgently looking for someone else to take on the lease. She can be contacted directly on 07976 666019.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 6 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 7 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 8 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 9 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 10 Holloway helps Northern Ireland women make history after qualifying for Euro 2022